What is Email Marketing?
Email marketing is a very effective digital marketing strategy based on sending emails and building relationships with prospects and customers. An efficient email marketing tool converts prospects into customers and one-time buyers into recurring customers.
Why Email Marketing?
The first email was sent by Ray Tomlinson in 1971. But the history of email marketing starts with the first email marketing blast in 1978 by Gary Thuerk. While working for Digital Equipment Corp., an email was sent to 400 recipients to promote his company’s computers, which resulted in $13 million in sales.
Email is integral to daily online life despite the growth and prominence of mobile messengers and chat apps. A recent report says that global email users amounted to 3.9 billion and are set to grow to 4.48 billion users in 2024.
These huge 3.9 billion users could be your potential customers. So, it is the need of the time to do email marketing.
By now, you must have decided to start an email marketing campaign. But choosing the best email marketing software is not easy as many email marketing service providers.
I am making this decision easier by revealing the best email marketing software and service platforms so that you can find a suitable solution as per your need.
Review of Email Marketing Software and Services Platform
Our review is based on our practical experience. Our assessment of every email marketing platform is based on
Our 4-Step Process to Assess Various Email Marketing Platforms
1. Signing in with Each Email Marketing Platform
For an accurate assessment, we have signed up for all the email marketing software and services platforms, but not a trial version. We have chosen their cheapest plan (basic plan). It ensures enough data and time to compare it against other email marketing platforms.
We have chosen the basic plan to maintain consistency among all the email marketing software and service providers.
2. Reviewing Features of Email Marketing Software
Our review of the features of email marketing software is based on
- Ease of use
- Template customization
- Analytics report, including the delivery report
3. Assessing Customer Support
Customer support is a crucial component while reviewing any service.
We want customer support 24/7, whenever we need it.
Our assessment of customer support is based on the two most important criteria; the response time taken to resolve your query and the accuracy of customer support answers.
4. Assessing Performance
We have taken these factors while considering the performance of various email marketing tools.
- Our own practical experience
- User feedback who are using various email marketing software and services.
Why Trust Our Reviews
Our expert team members, with more than 12 years of experience, do these reviews.
Our team members have work experience with SaaS companies in this field.
We are handling email marketing campaigns for different types of businesses, such as small businesses, ecommerce, etc.
Table of contents
- What is Email Marketing?
- Benefits of Email Marketing
- Best Email Marketing Services
- Best Email Marketing Services for Small Businesses
- Criteria for Choosing the Best Email Marketing Software
- Email Marketing FAQ
- Recommendation of Best Email Marketing Software
- Best Email Marketing Services for Ecommerce
- Best Email Marketing Services for Bloggers
- Email Marketing Best Practices
Benefits of Email Marketing
One of the best forms of marketing is email marketing, that deliver the highest rate of investment (ROI). It gives a 4000 percent return on the investment made in email marketing service.
Email marketing is used by thousands of businesses all over the world. Those unaware of email marketing may not easily understand why it is so popular amongst small businesses, e-commerce stores, and content creators.
Here, we are giving why email marketing is seen as the most effective marketing channel.
1. It is cost-effective
One of the benefits of email marketing is its lower cost compared to mainstream marketing channels. Email marketers might consider investing in email marketing software to automate, track, and evaluate email campaigns.
2. Reach Existing Customers with Higher Conversion Rate
Email marketing is the only marketing tool consumers permit to receive. Most businesses running email marketing campaigns send messages to those who have signed up to receive them. It results in higher conversion rates as the business only targets audiences who have shown interest in the brand.
3. Easy to Start
Email marketing neither needs a big team nor needs technical knowledge on how to achieve success in email marketing. You can start an email campaign with fancy templates, texts, images, and logos. The content of an email is the most important thing about the campaign, and should be clear and to the point. You can quickly and easily create stunning email templates using a drag-and-drop editor.
4. Easy Measurement
You can easily measure your email campaigns, and it is easy to see where you are going wrong. Most of email marketing tools allow you to track open, click-through, and conversion rates. It helps analyze how a campaign is going on and what improvement is needed. You can make these changes immediately, whereas print or broadcast advertising needs a lot of effort to make such changes.
5. Easily shareable
While creating an email campaign, you can add a click button so your subscribers can forward your emails with brilliant deals and offers to their friends with just a click. No other marketing tools can be shared as easily as this. Before you know it, subscribers could become brand ambassadors introducing your business to a new market.
Best Email Marketing Services
Best Autofunnel and Landing Page Features ($15/month)
GetResponse is the best choice for creating email marketing campaigns, high-converting landing pages, and webinar software.
It is indulged in sending more than a billion messages every month, with over 350,000 users in 182 countries excels in the automation function, and provides 1000 iStock photos absolutely free. It provides services in 20 different languages.
The drip campaign tool lets you see exactly when you will reach out to your leads.
GetResponse has a unique feature called an auto funnel. This feature enables you to create funnels for sales, leads, webinars, etc. As the name indicates, it is fully automated.
With the help of these funnels, you can convert your visitors into fruitful ones. The funnels include emails, landing pages, marketing automation, exit popups, Facebook ads, and e-commerce integration. You can use these funnels as per your goal.
GetResponse strength lies in its smart automation tools. This tool allows you to create multiple advanced conditions for automated list segmentation. Drag-and-drop builder also makes it a good platform.
You can create your contact list with the help of quick-action buttons available on the dashboard. This task can be accomplished by uploading your contacts individually, or importing them from a file.
To Build your email design, you can choose a pre-designed template, start from a blank template, or insert your HTML code in the editor. Drag and drop tools, and the building blocks toolbar help you to accomplish your task. You can preview your created emails in the desktop or mobile view to ensure the content looks great on all devices.
It comes with thousands of free stock photos and also a Shutterstock gallery. Shutterstock gallery is available only to paid users. GetResponse lacks an internal image editor, so you need to upload an edited image as per your requirement.
Now it’s time to give the final touch to your email. This task is performed on the summary page. And finally, you can send or schedule your email.
GetResponse comes with a mobile application. The customization options with this app are minimal, and only text-based messages can be created.
These prices are for 1,000 subscribers. The rate increases as your list of subscribers grow. Its entry-level plan also comes with advanced features like autoresponders, lead funnels, and sales funnels.
1. Basic Plan: It has the following features.
- This plan starts from $15/month
- It provides autoresponders
- The basic plan provides unlimited landing pages
- Availability of 1 sale funnel and unlimited lead funnels
- You can sell e-products
2. Plus Plan: It has the following features.
- This plan starts from $49/ month.
- You get an automation builder with 5 workflows.
- It provides 5 sales funnels.
- You can do webinars with up to 100 participants.
- It also provides CRM software.
3. Professional Plan: It has the following features.
- This plan starts from $99/per month
- It provides an automation builder with unlimited workflows.
- You can do paid webinars with up to 300 participants.
- You get unlimited sales funnels and unlimited webinar funnels.
4. Enterprise Plan: It has the following features.
- This plan starts from $1,199 /month
- You can send transactional emails.
- This plan provides dedicated IP.
- You can do paid webinars with up to 500 participants.
- Availability of consulting services for email campaigns
- You get a dedicated account manager.
All plans have 220 email templates, 700 form templates, 180 landing page templates, 40 auto funnel templates, 150 integrations, and 24/7 live chat support.
GetResponse provides a free trial for 30 days.
You can avail of a discount if you pay annually or for a longer term. It does not have a money-back policy with its paid plans.
Best Email Marketing Automation and Deliverability ($9/month)
ActiveCampaign is the best service provider in terms of automation. It is a sales CRM with the feature of email marketing.
ActiveCampaign is the best platform for small businesses that are waiting to turn their email communications into fruitful sales channels. Its main goal is to send fewer emails but turn them into positive results.
With the strong feature of the automation of ActiveCampaign, you can automate everything based on your website visitors’ behavior. You can automate your customer list in the blink of an eye. You can also create a list of triggers.
Also, you get a couple of unique features with ActiveCampaign, which are not available with other email service providers. These are the personal consultation call and the spam analyzing tool.
You can keep a close look at your customer with features such as geo-tracking, custom data, site behavior tracking, and link actions. ActiveCampaign keeps you updated about your content. It tells you which content is generating the most conversions and revenue. Its in-built CRM makes managing sales directly from the backend an easy-going task.
ActiveCampaign enables you to run split tests, send dynamic content, and set advanced personalization. It has integration with 250+ apps like Shopify, WooCommerce, Facebook, Zapier, Unbounce, Stripe, and PayPal.
With ActiveCampaign’s email software you can execute the following email campaign:
- Broadcast emails
- Targeted emails
- Scheduled emails
- Triggered emails
- Autoresponder emails
- Email funnels
ActiveCampaign comes with a robust lead-scoring system. The lead scoring system is a method of giving award points to individual email subscribers, and once they achieve the threshold award points either your sales team may get in touch with them or they join a new automated funnel.
You can create your email contact list by using options such as inserting them individually, importing email contacts in bulk from a file, or copy-pasting. You can also connect your list created on another email marketing service. The contacts automatically get transferred.
Now you can create your email from scratch using the editor tool, choose a template, or insert custom HTML code. There are 21 free available templates and many layout options. The design tool has drag-and-drop functionality. ActiveCampaign has an additional feature, in the email editor, to edit an image.
Finally, before sending or scheduling your email, you can preview and edit it on the summary page. If it is okay, you can now send the message immediately, schedule it, or simply save and exit the editor.
ActiveCampaign has a separate mobile app but the app is without the editor feature.
The other main features are dynamic content options, opt-in forms, and social media integrations.
Excellent email deliverability makes ActiveCampaign better than all other service providers on this list. The emails are most likely to enter the inboxes on Gmail and Outlook and there is the least chance for the emails to be marked as spam.
Now let’s talk about its plans. The plans are determined by how many subscribers there are.
It offers four plans. Apart from paid plans, it also provides a 14-day free trial. It does not offer a money-back guarantee.
Kickstart with its free trial and if you find it fruitful for your service, join its paid plans as per your need.
You can pay monthly or annually. But you avail of a discount of 30-40% if you go with the annual payment mode.
The four paid plans are Lite, Plus, Professional, and enterprise-level plans.
3. Constant Contact
Best Email Marketing Platform for Small Businesses (The Longest Free Trial)
Constant Contact got its name in 2004. But it entered the email marketing space in 1995. Since then, it has been constantly working day and night to achieve its goal to help small businesses navigate the promise, power, and potential of the web. It has proven itself as one of the best choices in the email marketing field.
Even beginners feel it is easy to use, once they become used to its campaign management tools. Overall it has simple automation tools. Presently, it has around 650,000 users worldwide, and 270+ apps like Salesforce, Shopify, Eventbrite, WordPress, QuickBooks, Gmail, etc. for integrating extra services.
It has more than 100 mind-blowing mobile-friendly templates that are ready to use or you can customize these templates. Its preview feature enables you to see, how the created template would look.
It also provides the ability to manage invitations, registrations, and tickets. It helps you to get real-time reports and analytics. Additionally, it has all the modern features necessary to create an effective email marketing campaign to come on par with today’s demand.
The drip email campaigns feature is an additional benefit that you enjoy with this platform. You can schedule your emails for a special event, such as sending regular emails to your customers on their special occasions like birthdays, anniversaries, etc. In the section on email deliverability, it is a rank holder.
You only need to upload your email contact list, and then any change in the list is automatically updated. You can import your email contacts by using the copy-paste option, upload emails in bulk from a file, and import contacts from Gmail, Outlook, and other 3rd party apps.
It has a drag-and-drop editor. It also allows you to execute actions like donation collections, coupon offers, or surveys.
Website hosting is also provided by Constant Contact. You can also create your eCommerce platform using the services provided by Constant Contact.
The Mobile Editor app for Constant Contact is available on the App Store and Google Play. This app can make you more productive with email marketing.
Now, the event management tool is no longer available on Constant Contact, which is not making it a better choice.
In addition to this, it is a bit expensive for the features it offers.
Constant Contact Plans
Constant Contact provides both free and paid plans.
The free plan comes with a 60-day free trial. The free plan limits you to 100 contacts.
Paid Plans are based on the number of your email subscribers. Paid plans also come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Some of the special features come with higher-paid plans, so be careful while selecting a plan for your business.
It provides excellent customer support over the phone and live chat.
Constant Contact offers two paid plans, and the cost of both is based on the number of contacts you are adding to your account.
1. Email Plan:
- 0 – 500 Subscribers: Starts from $20 per month
- 501 – 2,500 Subscribers: Starts from $45 per month
- 2,501 – 5,000 Subscribers: Starts from $65 per month
- 5,001 – 10,000 Subscribers: Starts from $95 per month
Once you cross 10,000 subscribers, you’ll automatically be upgraded to the Email Plus plan.
2. Email Plus Plan:
- 0 – 500 Subscribers: Starts from $45 per month
- 501 – 2,500 Subscribers: Starts from $70 per month
- 2,501 – 5,000 Subscribers: Starts from $95 per month
- 5,001 – 10,000 Subscribers: Starts from $125 per month
Email Plus Plan has advanced features such as subject line A/B testing, dynamic content, and automated behavioral campaigns.
Leading Email Marketing Brands (Free – $14.99/month)
With over 14 million customers and daily email sends of over 1 billion, MailChimp is one of the most well-known names in email marketing.
The features of Mailchimp are very easygoing and user-friendly. It’s a great option for beginners who want free email marketing services. It provides a step-by-step guide and tutorials, which makes it mind-blowing especially for new users.
Its free plan allows you to send up to 12,000 emails every month, if you have a subscriber base of up to 2000 and you are running a small business, then Mailchimp’s free plan is perfect for you.
The free plan is with a bunch of features which include transactional emails, analytics, autoresponders, and lots of third-party integrations.
As long as you have a 2000 subscriber base, you need not pay a single penny. But when you cross this threshold value of subscribers, you can pay a small amount and enjoy the benefits of its paid plans.
The free plans do not exist after the first month. But in this duration, you get sufficient time and features to grow your business so that you can go with the paid plans.
It has an in-built image editor that makes it a good choice. It also has specific templates to accomplish specific functions.
Additionally, it keeps on upgrading its platform with the latest features. You can easily customize your email templates and subscription forms with their latest features.
It has upgraded itself by adding landing pages and various ad tools to make it the best choice in the segment of email marketing.
Its email marketing tools are a great package that includes the drag and drop design tools, sign-up forms, customer segmentation, email automation, dynamic content, and 200+ integrations with social media and other applications.
It comes with a fully dedicated mobile application that has a very powerful email editor. You can get all major information from this app such as performance data; add email contacts etc. You can also create landing pages and emails.
It has a free app for both iPhone and Android.
As you create your account with Mailchimp, it allows you to import email contacts either from a file or by copy-pasting it. You can edit information about your customers using its Audience Dashboard.
You can build your email in plain text format, or custom HTML code, or choose a template or pre-built layouts. Now by using the drag-and-drop design tool, you can design your template. Its email builder comes with an integrated image editor.
It comes with a double-check benefit, where you can give the final touch to your email on the summary page.
It offers free as well as paid plans. Let’s have a look at the features of these plans:
1. Free Plan– It has the following features:
- You can use this plan if you have up to 2,000 contacts.
- It comes with 7 marketing channels.
- You get all the basic templates.
2. Essentials Plan— It has the following features:
- It starts at $9.99 per month
- You can use this plan if you have up to 50,000 contacts
- You get access to all Mailchimp templates
- It gives you the advantage of A/B testing
- You avail 24/7 support
3. Standard — It has the following features:
- It starts at $14.99 per month
- You can use this plan if you have up to 100,000 contacts
- You get full advantage of Event-based automation
- Custom templates are also available with this plan
- You get advanced insights
4. Premium — It has the following features:
- It starts at $299 per month
- You can use this plan if you have up to 200,000 contacts
- Unlimited audiences capacity comes with this plan
- You can create advanced segmentation
- You can perform multivariate tests
- This plan gives the most important phone support
Best Email Marketing Software for Small Businesses ($16.15/month)
AWeber is one of the best choices for small businesses. It comes with superb email and phone support. It also provides high-quality support articles and videos. All these features make this service a good choice.
For 20 years, AWeber has been providing excellent email marketing services to more than a million entrepreneurs and small businesses. It is highly reliable and affordable.
It assists you with contact segmentation, designs a professional email, and decent support, and starts nurturing leads.
In addition to this, they offer drag-and-drop email builders, email automation options, list management tools, personalized emails, tag-based contact targeting, sign-up forms, a free image library, and analytics reports. With the list management tools, you can import an email list and create a database. You also get the option to create video-based landing pages.
Marketing automation tools help you to create an autoresponder workflow based on actions like email opens, link clicks, site visits, and purchases.
The area in which AWeber outstands is its 700 design templates, which is the maximum number of templates provided by any other service provider in this sector. Some templates are outstanding while some give a feeling to be outdated.
It has recently updated itself to use web fonts in addition to standard fonts.
It also provides a mobile app that makes sending your emails on the go and has two types of mobile apps namely, AWeber Stats and AWeber Atom. You cannot edit functions on these mobile applications.
AWeber also provides good email deliverability rates. But for this, you will have to make sure that your content is optimized. Else the email deliverability rates decrease.
For creating your email list, you have three options:
- Adding them one at a time
- Copy-pasting multiple contacts at once
- Importing contacts from a file
Its built-in drag-and-drop email builder, plain text, or custom HTML code helps in creating your email. You can either use the pre-made templates or create your own from a scratch.
Now you are ready with your email that you can send immediately or can schedule it for a later time.
AWeber comes with an AI-powered email template designer. This feature makes it the best choice for beginners as email creation becomes very easy with this feature.
AWeber comes with both free and paid plans. It offers a total of six paid plans that vary in price and features based on your number of subscribers.
For the paid plans, you can opt to pay monthly, quarterly, or annually. If you opt to pay annually, you can avail of a good discount.
A plus point is its 100 percent 30-day money-back guarantee with no questions asked.
All the paid plans come with all major features such as A/B testing, email analytics, and conversion tracking.
Finally, we can say that Aweber is an excellent email marketing service provider with multiple template designs, a drag-and-drop tool, and a very helpful support team.
Join here, Aweber Email Marketing Services
Best Email Marketing Software (Free – $50/month)
HubSpot is an all-in-one email marketing service, provider. This service allows you to design, optimize, and send incredible-looking emails. It has many custom options that facilitate the easy and effective design of your email.
You can either use the pre-made templates or can make your own template from scratch using the drag-and-drop feature. In these templates, you can add text, images, buttons, dividers, and all different kinds of assets and layouts of your choice. Once your template is ready, adding content to it is very easy. You do not need to hire a designer or an IT professional.
You can use its advanced personalization tools to personalize your emails so that you can increase your open rates and clickthrough rates.
It is the best choice due to its extremely high deliverability rate. HubSpot is with good email editor which is easy and user-friendly.
You can preview your email designs on various email platforms such as Gmail, Apple Mail, and Office 365, and various devices. The feature to preview your design makes Hubspot a great choice.
You can customize the layout, add calls-to-action and images, and modify your content and colors to suit your brand.
You can personalize your email content based on a user’s device, list segment, and geographic location.
Smart Send functionality helps you to ensure recipients receive your messages at an ideal time so as to maximize recipients’ engagement.
In addition to these, you also get the facility to take A/B tests, which enhances the open rates and click rates of your email. Use it to keep a close watch on various analytics after you send your emails. Use these analytics to determine which subject lines get the most opens so that you can earn more sales.
Now the time is to view the metrics. The HubSpot analytics dashboard helps you to get information about the amount of time spent by the customer viewing your email. You can know whether the email has been read, skimmed, or glanced at. It gives you an idea of how engaging is your email content.
Using HubSpot you can get a wide range of reports about your email’s performance so that you can know what’s resonating with your audience. This feature helps in better strategy building.
The main reason that makes HubSpot a rank holder, is that their email marketing software is just a small fraction of their product. The real benefits lie in their Marketing Hub Starter Package. It perfectly aligns all your inbound and outbound marketing in the most effective way.
You can send up to 2,000 emails per month using the HubSpot email tool. First, you should try its free plan, and then upgrade to its Marketing Hub Starter Plan if you need to enhance your capabilities. It starts at $45/month.
Marketing Hub Starter Plan has the following features:
- It has a Full-featured CRM.
- You can schedule appointments using a personal calendar.
- Availability of Gmail extensions to track email sends and automate outreach
- Form builders available
- It provides features such as Inbound leads, email, and ad analytics.
- You get phone and email support in this plan.
Try HubSpot for free to create email campaigns
Best Email Marketing Service with Inbuilt Automation ($20/month, Emails, invoices, newsletters, and SMS)
Sendinblue was launched in 2012 in Paris. It focuses on transactional emails, invoices, newsletters, and SMS. Presently, it is engaged in sending about 30 million emails and SMS every day in more than 14 countries. It has an incredible drag & drop editor which allows you to create a great look for your email. It is highly customizable and has a mobile-friendly editor and inbuilt AI, which enables it to send emails at the best time of the day to maximize customer engagement.
Additionally, it gives real-time statistics like open rates, deliverability, click-through rates, and heat maps.
Sendinblue holds the crown in terms of email automation workflows, for platforms of all sizes.
Designing your email is very simple with Sendinblue’s email design tool. For creating your email list, you have three options:
- Drag and drop
- Rich Text Editor
- Custom HTML code
All of these options are simple and user-friendly. You can also have a preview of your created email on various devices including desktop, tablet, and mobile.
Now you can add contacts by copy-pasting, importing email contacts from a file, or adding contacts individually. Here, before sending an email you get a summary page where you see your setup, design, and contact information. You can edit if anything has gone wrong. This is really a very good double-check feature provided by Sendinblue.
It allows setting triggers for your visitors that perform actions such as sending emails, SMS messages, contact segmentation, and updating their information in your database.
It is easy to use, has very attractive plans, and even a mouth-watering free plan. Moreover, it keeps on upgrading and new functionality.
Its best part lies in its fantastic free plan that gives you unlimited contacts and up to 300 emails per day. It’s the best choice if you are running a startup or has a solo operation.
SMS marketing and live chat service, which it provides also make it a favorite email service.
In addition to the above-mentioned features, it also provides customized landing pages, signup forms, Facebook ads, and retargeting capabilities. All these features help you to satisfy your customers.
SendinBlue Price Plans:
Sendinblue comes with five different plans: Free, Lite, Lite+, Premium, and Enterprise. The lite+ plan just adds some usability for an additional monthly charge. All plans provide the necessary features to design and start an email campaign.
You can save 10% if you opt for annual plans which allow up to 40,000 sends per month and no daily sending limit.
Sendinblue doesn’t give you a money-back guarantee. You can use its free plan to get the best of its service. At any point in time, you can cancel, suspend, or pause your paid subscription.
Free Plan has the following features :
- You can create good-looking templates from the email template library.
- Sending emails to unlimited contacts
- Daily limit of 300 emails
- Availability of website opt-in forms
- Automation workflow for up to 2,000 contacts
- Provides live Chat and CRM
Lite Plan has the following features:
- This plan starts from $25 per month.
- You can send up to 100k emails.
- No daily sending limit
- It provides A/B testing.
- You can remove the Sendinblue logo.
- It is best suited for small businesses and startups.
Premium Plan has the following features:
- This plan starts from $65 per month.
- You can send up to 1MM emails
- Marketing automation feature
- You can send Facebook ads and Retargeted ads.
- It provides telephone support.
Enterprise Plan has the following features:
- Dedicated IP
- Availability of 20+ landing pages
- It provides customized pricing and customized email volume
- Access for more than 10 users
Sendinblue does not have a standalone mobile application. But, its editor is fully functional in the mobile browser.
SendinBlue has workflows that give you a number of pre-made automation campaigns, designed to help you attain your specific goals.
Best available All-In-One Email Marketing Automation Tool (Free – $8+/month based on list size)
Moosend is an email automation platform that provides a lot of features that too at a very affordable price. It enables you to maintain the customer’s email list, customize your messages, and automate your tasks. This frees you from these tasks so you can entirely focus on making your relations much better with your customer.
It comes with a big library of inbuilt drag-and-drop email templates. These templates are user-friendly, beautiful, and responsive, and appear great on both desktop and mobile. You can create your email newsletter from scratch. You can also create your own email newsletter by adding images, videos, text blocks, social icons, etc. using its drag-and-drop feature, in a fast and reliable way.
The area in which Moosend excels is its automation features. Using this feature, you can automate messages through the medium of upsells, customer engagement, and customer loyalty. Each automation has three main components, namely, the triggers, control steps, and actions. These three together allow you to filter email list segments and send sequences when your specified actions happen.
Here are some outstanding features of Moosend:
- It comes with Landing Page Builder Tools. This feature helps you to know your customer better.
- Custom Opt-In Forms enable you to create forms for your customers and give them a way to subscribe to your email list.
- List Segmentation is another feature that helps segregate your visitors on various metrics.
- Automation Workflows allow you to personalize your emails and pay more focus on customer relations.
- The reporting and analytics tools help you to keep a constant watch on all your important email metrics.
- Every paid plan comes with email, phone, and live chat support.
Moosend Pricing Plan
Moosend’s pricing model is based on the number of subscribers and has three plans.
- Free Forever plan – It includes most features. It allows users to send unlimited email campaigns, provide sign-up forms, and report. It is free for users with under 1,000 subscribers.
- Pro plan – It starts at $8 per month, is billed annually, and is scaled up to 200,000 subscribers. It comes with access to transactional emails, page builders, and SMTP servers.
- Enterprise plan – For more advanced functionality and additional support, the Enterprise plan is based on custom pricing. It provides migration and onboarding support, and Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML).
If you’re searching for advanced email automation tools, try Moosend.
Best Email Marketing Creator Toolkit for Bloggers ($29/month)
ConvertKit is Email Marketing software which is for beginners. These beginners include Vloggers, YouTubers, bloggers, entrepreneurs, and small teams which just need to send plain-text newsletters. Instead of focusing on the designs of email, it gives all attention to converting your customers into your money maker.
It guides you step by step, with its cleverly crafted course and visual flow chart. This provides a great deal of help to beginners who want to start their email marketing campaigns.
The features that will attract you to choose ConvertKit are its simplicity, clean and feel-good look, attractive forms, and increased conversion rates with automated emails.
It also has additional features such as personalized content, sign-up form builder, tag-based customer segmentation, and 70+ integrations with various 3rd party applications and overall everything within your budget.
It comes with a lead funnel, that allows you to perform advanced segmentation.
The text is indeed plain but it gives a look professional and appears as if it has been directly sent from Gmail.
An email list can be created in any of the three ways:
- Adding individual contacts
- Uploading emails in bulk from a CSV file
- Importing your email contacts from another service
ConvertKit supports the creation of only one contact list. But it provides the facility to tag them manually, or with auto tags based on their behavior to improve the personalization of your email campaigns.
You have to make your selection from the three templates available. These three templates are quite good and make your work done fruitfully and also keep you away from the confusion of choosing one template from many options available.
Here, you will not find the modern drag-and-drop tool. But by highlighting a line of text, you get access to edit it.
It provides you the facility to double-check your message, in the preview area. Now you can send your email at a click or can schedule it for a later date. It allows you to send out an unlimited number of emails to your contacts.
ConvertKit does not provide you a mobile application. However, it allows you to use its email editor and dashboard from the mobile browser having full functionality.
The customer support service provided by ConvertKit is at par with the other service provider in this field. They provide both email and live chat during business hours from Monday to Friday. If you want extra support at any time on any day, you need to create an email ticket. Your support gets upgraded as you move to its higher plans.
The plan starts at $29/month and you get a 14-day free trial with it.
The paid plans are based on the number of subscribers, and it also provides a free migration option from another email marketing service.
The basic paid plan starts at $29/month with 1,000 contacts. Here you get a 30-day money-back guarantee.
You can avail of a discount if you opt for the annual payment mode and can enjoy its service free for two months.
10. Campaign Monitor
First Company with a 99% Customer Satisfaction Rate ($9/month)
Founded in 2004 and giving excellent 17 years of service, Campaign Monitor is an all-in-one package to fulfill all your email marketing needs.
Holding the title of 99% customer satisfaction rate, it has become a globally renowned service provider in the email marketing sector. It provides powerful tools that are easy and simple to use.
It comes with an array of features, the main being the preview option of more than 20 different inbox views. You can also add a live countdown meter feature to your email.
The other main features that you enjoy with Campaign Monitor are drag and drop email editor, personalized content, customer segmentation options, email automation flows, sign-up forms, and 250+ integrations with 3rd party applications like Salesforce, Magento, and WordPress.
Moreover, Personalization is another key feature of the Campaign monitor. You can create unique content using its visual marketing automation tool.
Campaign Monitor provides you an excellent library of resources that help you become an email marketing emperor.
With Campaign Monitor, you get customer support over email only. Not to worry about this feature, because on email only your all queries will be solved, with the full degree of your satisfaction.
Its customer service and people-first approach have made it stand first in the queue.
Its email builder gives you full customization to create your design. If brand standards mean a lot to your business, you can take full advantage of using the email builder tool, by switching to its Premier Plan.
Here, you can also add videos to your emails from either YouTube or Vimeo.
You can kick-start creating your contact list by either importing your contacts from a file or copy-pasting them.
To create your email campaign, you can choose from the 81 different templates available. The email template designs are quite striking and perfect.
You also get the option to build your email in plain text or using custom HTML code and the most wanted drag-and-drop functionality. Moreover, you also get seven pre-built content blocks, which you can add to your email. You can easily take a preview of your email on desktop and mobile simultaneously.
An additional benefit that you get on this platform is that you can change the entire layout, keeping your content intact. It really means a lot, as it saves your precious time; you do not have to start from scratch.
Once you have completed your email, you can have its preview. Here you get an additional feature to add new contacts then and there, which again saves you time. Now you send your email or schedule it for a later date. You also get a neat real-time world map view after sending your email that lets you know your email opens rate around the world.
A separate mobile application is a feature where Campaign Monitor is lagging behind.
Its pricing is based on your subscriber list. As your subscriber list becomes large, you need to pay a good amount.
Campaign Monitor offers a free trial for a single campaign with up to 5 contacts. With this free trial, you can take a test of their service before opting for their paid schemes.
The cheapest plan starts at $9 per month with 500 contacts and lets you send 2,500 emails.
The payment plan is monthly, but you can go for special offers on annual payment plans.
You can also opt to pay per campaign if that works better for your needs.
Try Campaign Monitor for free.
Best Email Marketing Service for E-commerce ($16/month)
One of the best options for omnichannel marketing services is Omnisend. It breaks your limit of just sending emails. It gives you wings so that you can accomplish the below-mentioned tasks very easily and ensure your connectivity the most customers as possible:
- Combine text messages
- Setting web browser push notifications
- Email marketing
- Google Customer Match
- Facebook ad retargeting
Omnisend is a user-friendly platform that offers automation workflows. More than 40,000 people use this email marketing software in over 130 plus countries.
This software comes with pre-built automation that will help your customers with the actions which they might perform such as cart abandonment emails/messages, along with welcome emails/messages.
Omnisend helps you send more relevant emails to your customers by understanding website browsing behavior and user device preferences. This software allows you to send the right message to the right person, at the right time, on the right channel.
It comes with pre-built templates with which you can start email capture, campaigns, and automation workflows in no time.
It has integration with all major e-commerce platforms namely, BigCommerce, Shopify, WooCommerce, Magento, etc. This is one of the best of all the available features. This enhances e-commerce conversion rates as users will receive messages based on the products they have already interacted with on your site.
Omnisend offers four pricing schemes. Among these, one is free with very limited capabilities. Go with its free 14-day trial and if you feel its service is good enough to fulfill your business needs, switch to its paid plan.
Their paid plans also come with a free trial. This gives you a chance to understand which plan is the best for your business.
Its various plans are discussed below along with their salient features:
1. Free Plan – It has the following features:
- It offers up to 15,000 emails/per month
- You can launch Omnisend branded email campaigns
- It provides signup forms, boxes, and pop-ups
- You have access to email reports.
2. Standard – It has the following features in addition to the features mentioned in the free plan:
- The standard plan starts from $13 per month
- You can also launch auto SMS campaigns.
- It has an audience segmentation feature.
- 24/7 email and chat support available
3. Pro – In addition to the features mentioned in the Standard plan, it has the following features:
- The Pro plan starts from $80 per month
- It provides $80 free SMS credits per month
- Email campaigns on automation
- It provides the facility of web push notifications
- Facebook custom audiences feature
- It provides Google Customer Match
- Priority support available under this plan
- It comes with advanced reporting features.
4. Enterprise –It has the following features, in addition to the features mentioned in the Standard plan:
- It offers custom pricing
- You can send unlimited emails
- It provides an email migration facility
- It offers a dedicated account manager
- Deliverability support available
- It provides a custom IP address
Excellent Inbox Delivery and Independent SMTP Service ($29/month)
Pabbly is an email service provider that comes with a bundle of marketing tools for online form building, email marketing, subscription billing, and email list cleaning. It enables you to send bulk emails.
It provides the basic features needed for email marketing, on both its free as well as paid platforms. These features include marketing automation, list management, autoresponder emails, segmentation of subscribers, etc.
Using Pabbly you can take your business to a much higher level by running campaigns and send bulk emails. It also handles all bounce and spam complaints about all popular SMTP services such as Amazon SES, MailGun, Mandrill, SendGrid, etc. in a very effective manner.
It has a user-friendly drag-and-drop email editor, 500 plus emails, and in-built autoresponders. With its marketing automation and autoresponders included in the tool, you can schedule emails in advance and create triggers to avoid manual follow-up responses.
In addition, it collects leads & business-related information via its subscription forms and connects multiple SMTPs to route emails through multiple vendors.
It improves open rates with the help of MX cleaner by removing spam emails from your list and sending automatic follow-up emails to non-opens. It automatically sends emails on pre-set schedules for engaging the subscribers. Overall, it has a 99% email delivery rate.
Pabbly offers multiple plans on the basis of the number of subscribers.
Its free plan restricts you to send a limited number of emails to a fixed number of subscribers.
Its enterprise-level plan is designed for websites with over 1 million subscribers.
Great Usability and 24-hour Support ($10/month)
Mailerlite was started in Lithuania, and has presently 600,000 customers all over the world. It is the best platform for Small businesses and freelancers. It provides support as well as an interface in multiple languages. Additionally, it provides a “free for life” price plan.
Additionally, it has a responsive interface with a fast editor. The templates are well-designed and user-friendly. It provides all the basic features needed for email marketing such as landing pages, sign-up forms, and reports. It has good email deliverability rates.
One of the main features of MailerLite lies in its flawless animations provided by its tools and building blocks. These provide additional visual content that gives an outstanding experience to the user.
MailerLite comes with an inbuilt drag-and-drop editor, which makes it easy for you to design a first-class message. You can use a personalization tool to divide your customers into various segments. Lastly, you can optimize your email campaigns with the A/B testing feature.
You can design your email by using any of the three options available:
- Drag and drop editor
- Plain text
- Custom HTML code
You can also opt for MailerLite’s “rich-text editor” for creating your email.
There are 62 free templates available. You must take a bit careful while choosing the template because once you choose a template; you can’t change it unless you create a new template from scratch.
Drag and drop functionality makes template creation an easy-going task. Here also you should be a little conscious before selecting the blocks because you cannot edit the text inside the block. If you want to insert your own text, you should use the feature of toolbar slides.
It has email automation, sign-up forms, and dynamic content,110+ integration options with various applications and social media accounts.
Additionally, it has a separate app for iPhones. But it is devoid of email editing functionality. But the editor is accessible and fully functional in the mobile browser. You only need to turn your device horizontally to see and edit the content column.
As soon as your email is ready, you can choose the recipients, either from a specific group or from all available contacts. Standard choices for adding the recipients with MailerLite are one at a time, uploading a list from a file, or copy-pasting. Before sending or scheduling your email, you can edit it on the summary page. This is indeed an advantage.
It also provides some other great features, which include:
- Live 24/7 customer support by phone and email
- A powerful and user-friendly landing page builder
- Ecommerce integrations with the top plans
- Flexible email designs
- Multiple Template Gallery
- Amazing email deliverability rate
MailerLite offers both a free and a paid plan. You can kick start your email marketing services with its forever free plan if you have less than 1,000 email subscribers. With this free subscription, you can send up to 12,000 emails each month but it offers only few features. Here you get 24/7 customer support over email. You do not enjoy live chat support for the free plan.
It offers a 14-day free trial, and then you can decide if you want to continue with the free plan or want to switch over to the paid plan.
With a free plan, you also get a free website with five landing pages upon signing up.
When you switch to its $10/month plan, you get access to all features that help your marketing strategy, including a landing page builder, embedded forms, live chat support, and pop-ups.
Payment Plans are based on the number of contacts.
Tabular Comparison -Email Marketing Platforms
|S. No.||Email Marketing Service||Best Suitable For||Free Plan||Pricing||Mobile-Friendly Editor||Customer Support|
|1.||Getresponse||Small Business, Bloggers||No||Starts from $15 per month||Yes, but the limited, app||Email / Live Chat / Phone|
|2.||ActiveCampaign||Small Business||No||Starts from $9 per month||Yes, browser||Email / Live Chat / Phone|
|3.||Constant Contract||Small Business||No||Starts from $20 per month||Yes, app||Phone / Live Chat|
|4.||MailChimp||Small Business, Bloggers||Yes||Starts from $9.99 per month||Yes, app||Email / Live Chat / Phone|
|5.||Aweber||Small Business||Yes||Starts from $16.15 per month||Yes, app||Email / Live Chat / Phone|
|6.||Hubspot||Ecommerce||No||Starts from $45 per month||Yes, app||Phone / Email|
|7.||Sendinblue||Small Business||Yes||Starts from $45 per month||Yes, browser||Email / Live Chat / Phone|
|8.||Moosend||Bloggers||Yes||Starts from $8 per month||Yes, browser||Email / Live Chat / Phone|
|9.||ConvertKit||Bloggers, Small Business||Yes||Starts from $29 per month||Yes, browser||Email / Live Chat|
|10.||Campaign Monitor||Small Business, Ecommerce||No||Starts from $9 per month||No|
|11.||Omnisend||Ecommerce||Yes||Starts from $16 per month||No||Email / Live Chat|
|12.||Pabbly||Small Business, Bloggers||Yes||Starts from $29 per month||No||Email / Live Chat|
|13.||MailerLite||Ecommerce||yes||Starts from $10 per month||Yes, app||Email / Live Chat / Phone|
Best Email Marketing Services for Small Businesses
Email marketing plays a crucial role in the growth of sales. Using this service, you can generate more leads. With email marketing, you get your message straight into the inbox of your prospects and your customer.
Every dollar spent on email marketing gives 40 times the return on investment. So, it is need time to invest in email marketing for your small business.
Here, I am giving my recommendation for email marketing services for small businesses.
Sendinblue is best for the small business that is going to start its first email marketing campaign.
Some of the prominent features of Sendinblue are as follows:
- Sendinblue is an email and SMS marketing software.
- It is designed keeping simplicity in mind. Even a beginner who does not have any prior knowledge can start creating email marketing campaigns.
- You can send transactional messages with reliable delivery, based on your customer interaction.
- It offers different pricing plans that are based on the number of emails you send.
- Separately, you can buy SMS credits with no expiry date.
- Its free plan comprises 300 emails per day and unlimited contacts
To start with Sendinblue, click here.
2. Constant Contact
Constant Contact is the best suitable email marketing service for small businesses that are just starting out with email marketing.
Some of the prominent features of Constant Contact are as follows:
- It comes with many customizable email templates that give you an edge in starting an email marketing campaign.
- When you start, you will have to choose your business and your experience with email marketing. Based on the above selections, you get customized content and promotion ideas for your business.
- It also has a vast library of resources.
- Constant Contact has an excellent support team. It provides live chat support, and email support.
- It gives you 60-day free trials with full access to their marketing tools to test the service.
- Constant Contact pricing plan with full functionalities starts from $20/month.
To start with Constant Contact, click here.
Drip is best suitable for you if you run a small business, and wants to convert your visitors into buyers.
Some of the prominent features of Drip are as follows:
- It has intelligent marketing automation tools that are helpful in converting your visitors into buyers.
- Drip is not merely a typical email marketing service. It understands the purchase intent and behavior of customers and sends them emails at the right time.
- You can also customize your messages based on customer behaviors and purchase intent.
- You can send text messages, display Facebook ads, and many more using the vast array of integrations.
- The basic plan starts from $49/month for up to 2500 active subscribers.
- It also offers a 14-day trial.
To start with Drip, click here
How to Pick the Best Email Marketing Program for Your Online Store
Every email marketing service has some differences, although most of them offer a lot of the same basic features. Still, it is tough to go through all of the available options and figure out which one is best for your needs.
Every e-commerce business needs the following basic features in its email marketing service:
- Availability of customizable ready-made templates as per your need
- Customer-segmentation feature for sending targeted emails according to their profiles
- Provision of opt-in forms that can be integrated with your e-commerce store
- Automation for scaling up your email marketing efforts
- Detailed analytics for the measurement of how an email marketing campaign performs
Whether you’re just getting started or dreaming up your next big campaign, I recommend the following email marketing services for e-commerce.
Klaviyo email marketing software is for those e-commerce businesses that are ready to go all-in on their email marketing efforts.
Here are some of its important features:
- It is one of the few email marketing services designed specifically for e-commerce. Its powerful auto segmentation tools can pull in data from across your e-commerce store, dividing up your email list automatically, thereby helping you segment better.
- Users report that email flows and seamless automation work in Klaviyo make it a good choice for e-commerce despite a basic email editor feature.
- Its free plan allows up to 250 subscribers and 500 email sends. After crossing either of the thresholds, you will have to upgrade to a paid plan.
Join Klaviyo for Free
MailerLite is a great email marketing service for e-commerce beginners.
Some of its prominent features are as follows:
- You can create a free account for up to 1,000 subscribers.
- It gives access to the autoresponder, even in its free plan.
- You get a tag-based workflow.
- It provides a variety of email templates and themes
- New email editor and a big list of integration
- It has advanced reporting options.
The only drawback of MailerLite is its approval process. It takes a little longer to get approved than others. I recommend you to go with MailerLite if you are an e-commerce beginner and looking for a feature-rich email marketing service at an affordable price.
Join MailerLite for Free
Omnisend is best for those e-commerce businesses that do not want to spend a lot of time building automated email campaigns.
Some of its prominent features are as follows:
- Omnisend has robust automation and workflows and does quick work of many steps that are performed manually when building an email sequence on other platforms.
- It has a seamless integration feature. It allows pop-ups, sign-up boxes, and landing pages to assist in growing the email lists and capturing new leads.
- Omnisend is one of the costlier email marketing providers, but users say it’s worth the cost.
- It has a free plan also that offers up to 15,000 emails per month or 2,000 emails per day.
Join Omnisend for Free
4. Campaign Monitor
It is best suitable for small to medium e-commerce businesses.
Some of its prominent features are as follows:
Campaign Monitor is one of the premier email marketing software based on ease of use and value proposition.
It has a drag-and-drop editor.
Stunning design templates and it gives you the choice to create your own custom emails in HTML.
It emphasizes transactional emails so that you can squeeze more value out of every email you send.
All campaigns are well organized.
Its basic plan starts at $9/month for up to 500 subscribers and 2,500 emails.
Sign up for Campaign Monitor
Rarelogic is for those e-commerce businesses who want to squeeze more sales out of their email list.
Some of its prominent features are as follows:
- Rarelogic markets its email marketing software as predictive and smart email marketing tools.
- Together with e-commerce platforms, it automatically determines the best products to recommend, and when customers are most likely to buy those products.
- Rarelogic does not focus on segmenting but focuses on sending individual and personalized emails without any work on the user’s end.
- Its Growth Plan starts at $24/month but has a free plan also.
- The Free Plan has a cap of 249 contacts but includes unlimited campaigns and automation, and a library of conversion-tested templates.
Try Rarelogic for Free
Best Email Marketing Services for Bloggers
Mostly, bloggers do not opt for email marketing services. They do not pay attention to growing their email list. And, that’s a big mistake.
Email marketing is highly advantageous in increasing sales. This helps bloggers in building a strong reader base that trusts and follows them. In this way, the bloggers increase their commissions on affiliate marketing.
You should choose a reliable email marketing service provider as you are going to share your valuable subscribers’ list with them.
There are many email marketing service providers. But, most of them are not suitable for bloggers because they make simple things complicated.
I recommend the following email marketing services for bloggers.
Many top bloggers and affiliate marketers around the world use the Aweber email marketing service.
Aweber is easy to use and flexible in nature. You can create stunning landing pages using Aweber software. It gives you access to responsive sign-up forms and easy integration tools. It also provides excellent customer support.
This is a good choice for you as a beginner in blogging. The pricing plan starts at $19/month, for 500 subscribers.
Try Aweber for Free
Getresponse email marketing software is more or less similar to Aweber. But, on comparing both of them, Getresponse provides beginner-friendly service.
It focuses on helping beginners, but it does not mean that it is lacking in advanced features. It provides top-class quality templates and tracking tools to its users.
As you grow, it will help you in reducing the burden as it provides a scalable environment.
Getresponse software has an Autofunnel feature, and if you planning to sell ebooks or online courses, you should check that feature. So, I highly recommend you go with Getresponse if you are a blogger and plan to sell your ebook or launch your course.
Signup Getresponse for Free
MailChimp is a boon for beginners and hence my recommendation for each and every new blogger. Here, you get a free account for 2000 subscribers. This free account doesn’t require any credit card details.
Now, you can avail of the automation feature even with your free account. You can also set up autoresponders in a free MailChimp account. You do not need these features if you are a new blogger, but you can use them if you want.
Signup MailChimp for Free
So, choose any of the above email marketing platforms to increase your loyal reader base, thereby increasing your sales.
ConvertKit is a simple and easy-to-use email marketing software. You can create a landing page to promote your next post.
It is excellent in terms of automation workflow and has all the email marketing tools that you need to create systematic automation. Also, it provides customer segmentation, tags, workflow visualization, and behavior tracking.
Once you get used to the ConvertKit software, it becomes very fast to use. This saves a lot of time.
You can start with ConvertKit Free Plan
Moosend is one of the latest email marketing software that really fascinates me. It has all the features you need for email marketing, as a blogger.
There is as a simple, easy-to-use, beginner-friendly, and powerful email editor with easy to use dashboard.
It provides features like automation workflow, personalization, and custom welcome drips.
Moosend is a very affordable email marketing software. It has a Free Forever Plan where you can send unlimited emails to 1,000 subscribers every month. And. If your email list grows over 1000, the monthly plan costs you $8/month.Join MooSend for Free.
Email Marketing Best Practices
Email marketing is not just writing an email and sending it to a list of contacts. There are many email marketing best practices that you should follow.
1. Create To-the-point Email Contents
Create to-the-point email content on a nice template. Do not use many fonts in your email.
Make sure the design of the email template matches the look and feel of your brand and put your logo at the top of the email.
2. Create Personalized Email Content
You should focus on the personalization of email content. You can create personalized content by using any piece of data that you collect from your email subscribers. First and last names are popularly used for personalized message.
3. Write Subject Lines with a Sense of Urgency
You should keep email subject lines concise and compelling. These lines would create a sense of urgency while providing enough information, so the user knows what they are going to open in his inbox.
You should use images and symbols, well-thought-out emojis, and exciting offers and discounts that will increase email open rates.
4. Use a Welcome Email series
Email automation is a powerful email marketing tool that is generally used in a series of emails welcoming new subscribers into the list.
When new users opt-in to your email subscribers list, these autoresponders send them emails automatically.
5. Stay away from Purchased Email lists
Email marketing is a very effective tool because people want to remain engaged with your business and receive your emails. Buying email lists takes away this trust as their inbox are spammed with emails they do not want.
The open rate of your emails is crucial to the success of your email marketing campaigns. If you have purchased email lists, your email open rate will be low. Even you can be penalized and blacklisted due to spam reporting.
Criteria for Choosing the Best Email Marketing Software
You might know the importance of why email marketing services. You are ready to set out an email marketing service for running your business. In this regard, you must be aware of the criteria for choosing the best email marketing software.
This process depends on the nature, goal, and objectives of your business. In addition to this, the perspective of marketing strategy, sales prospects, and lead generation techniques play an important role.
On the basis of my research, I am sharing the following criteria for choosing the best email marketing service.
15 STEPS TO CHOOSE THE EMAIL MARKETING SERVICE
1. Intuitive Marketing Automation for the automation of marketing actions
2. Responsive email designs that enable email content to get displayed on all devices including mobile.
3. Simple Autoresponder that allows you to send the pre-scheduled email automatically.
4. Availability of a free trial plan so that you can judge the service practically.
5. Availability of advanced email analytics feature to get real-time data for increasing productivity.
6. A/B testing leading to increase CTR that develops conversion rate
7. Flexible email editor that will facilitate you to scale and create fascinating email designs.
8. Creative Campaign Builder that allows creating smart email campaigns using easy steps with a good design personalized email
9. Fascinating templates and forms for building a convertible great looking landing page
10. Effective data capture and forms that might be pop-up, exit forms appear on the scroll, and so on.
11. Effective email deliverability
12. Lead generation ability thereby increasing sales.
13. The email marketing service provider should provide social media connectivity
14. Easy integration of various tools such as API, other apps, and social engagement tools
15. Email marketing service providers should provide technical support availability.
Email Marketing FAQ
1. What Are the Types of Email Marketing?
There are three important types of email marketing.
(i) Email Newsletters: The email newsletter can be used to send promotional messages, product updates, important account information, and many more. You should consider the following factors while creating an email newsletter.
- Type of information
- Content length
- Content design
- Placement of images and text
- Call to Action
You should experiment with different formats as every audience is unique.
(ii) Transactional Emails: These emails are used in e-commerce and businesses. It comprises email receipts, invoices, billing statements, order confirmations, etc.
Customers’ engagement with transactional emails is more than that with promotional emails. They open transactional emails repeatedly. Businesses can cross-sell products and services to highly engaged customers through these transactional emails.
(iii) Behavioral Emails: These emails are targeted messages based on a customer’s behavior.
Some main types of behavioral emails that you can automate are:
- Welcome email
- Recommendations email
- Product review requests
- Password renewal mails
- Cross-selling emails
2. How to Start Email Marketing?
If you are planning to start with email marketing; you need to keep the following points in mind.
- You should choose an email service provider and sign up.
- To grow your email list, focus on gathering contacts via opt-in forms.
- Create your stunning email templates.
- You should write a welcome email.
- Create error-free email content.
- You should do an A/B test to improve open rates.
- You should focus on scheduling and sending your email at the best time.
- Check the delivery report and review your email analytics to improve your engagement
3. Whether email marketing campaigns will lead to an increase in sales?
Email marketing campaigns will surely lead to an increase in sales.
But, for this, you have to stimulate and inspire prospects and customers towards investing their money in your brands or products.
- So, focus on conveying the value or solution your product will provide them in their life.
- Create an email with inspiring content with relevant pictures, as a picture is worth a thousand words. It connects you with your customers emotionally and rationally.
- You can also share testimonials with your customers to build trust.
4. How can I make customers go through my email?
Customers click on emails that sound relevant. So, first of all, you have to understand your customer’s expectations and the things that matter to them the most.
Whenever you create your email content, keep the following question in your mind :
- “Is the content of the email created by you useful to your audience?”
You should keep in mind that customers instantly connect only to those emails that are
- personalized and,
- when the call to action is relevant
While creating emails, you should focus on the
- the value you create for the customer and,
- the benefits you are offering for them
5. How do I grow my email subscriber list? Should I build it myself or buy an email list?
Never try to buy an email list!
As these email ids are not verified and it might be merely a collection of email ids. It may happen that they are not at all interested in your brand. The email list is of no use if the subscribers do not open your emails or are not actively getting engaged with your emails. Your entire email marketing campaign efforts become redundant.
So, focus on building subscriber lists by yourself.
You can grow your own opt-in email list by adopting the following methods.
- You can ask for email ids from the audience when they visit your website, and in return provide them some add-ons like eBooks, greetings, etc.
- Build a list of subscribers by integrating a pop-up window asking your audience to share their email ids so that they will get notifications of the new updates of the related post.
- Add a sidebar that will ask your audience to sign up and share their email ids. Don’t forget to ask for their permission to send emails and promotional items.
6. How do I design an attractive email?
Designing an attractive email is not an easy task.
But, you can design attractive emails using catchy images, and animated GIFs, and add a call to action that draws the attention of the reader. Avoid using many font types, font sizes, and font colors. You should use bold letters depending on the context of your emails.
You should create a responsive email template so that it looks good across all devices.
Overall, designing an attractive email includes minute details of the content and the creativity you can do with your content. It also depends on what type of message you are conveying through your email.
7. What should be the frequency of sending emails?
You should keep in mind that
- Sending an email once every month is helpful in creating your presence in someone’s mind.
- If you send emails twice or thrice a month, it develops a connection and doesn’t create a nuisance.
- And, sending emails four times a month it creates consistency.
In the case of offer emails, you should send two emails and then send the third one as a final reminder. But, sending more than three emails regarding the same offer creates a nuisance. Your audience gets irritated and ultimately can lose subscribers. So, in desperation to get a sale, don’t lose a subscriber.
The frequency of sending emails varies from business to business and you should keep testing in order to know what works best for your brand.
Recommendation of Best Email Marketing Software
- Sendinblue is the best email marketing service provider if you want to pay per email.
- And if you are going to choose pay-per-contact, the best email marketing service platform is Constant Contact. They have the best value-for-money propositions.
- But, if you are not willing to commit to a monthly plan, Mailchimp and Campaign Monitor give you the flexible pay-as-you-go option.
- If you are a content creator, then the best choice for you is ConvertKit.
- But, if you are running a small business and want to convert your visitors into buyers, Drip will be the best choice for you.
Email marketing is still the best marketing strategy. It is said by some marketers that email marketing is dead, but it is not the truth. And, there are still advances being developed for email marketing tools.
We recommend going with an email marketing service that has all the contemporary features. You can also create an email campaign without modern drag-and-drop tools. But, you cannot miss out on automation sequences, email list segmentation options for targeted emails, and so on can seriously damage your potential revenue.
Now I am sure that you have learned how to choose the best email marketing software and services that help you immensely with your email campaigns.