What is a Podcast?
A podcast is a digital broadcast that is made available on the Internet. The word “podcast” is made of two words – pod and cast. ‘Pod’ is a popular portable audio player as in Apple’s iPod, and ‘cast’ comes from ‘broadcast’, meaning “to transmit for general or public use.”
Millions of people around the world can enjoy podcasts anyplace and anytime. They can join podcast shows during workouts, commutes, at home preparing dinner, or whenever they get free time. The podcast is a good medium to reach a wide audience.
From a technical perspective, the majority of podcasts exist in an RSS feed, which is an XML file hosted that contains all the metadata, artwork, and episode content of the show.
What Is Podcast Hosting?
After you have done your research and decided to podcast your shows, several questions will pop up. The following questions related to podcast hosting are coming to your mind.
What is the best podcasting site to host your shows?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to just record a podcast episode and upload it to iTunes or Spotify.
So, you need a podcast hosting platform that will store the files and make it easy to distribute them to directories. They provide you a podcast RSS feed that is basically a listing of all your episodes. And, you will submit this RSS feed to podcast directories.
They also provide web players, analytics, scheduling tools, and other features so that you can publish and grow your podcast easily. They also integrate social sharing features, additional distribution options, and ad networks.
All podcast hosting platforms are not the same. Some of them are mainly designed for beginners, while others are for business and enterprise customers.
Why Can’t I Upload the Audio Files on My Website?
Actually, you can upload audio files on your website. But, high-quality audio files can require a lot of storage space and bandwidth to be streamed. Having many listeners simultaneously could prevent your website from functioning properly.
So if your podcast show gets popular and you get tons of listeners, you will need a high-end performing hosting service to handle it.
Another issue will arise in distributing your podcast. If you host it on a website that nobody lands on, then your purpose of podcasting gets defeated.
Podcast hosting services help you to deal with the above two situations. They let you store and stream the audio files without any technical issues, as well as give you all the features you need to reach your audience.
Table of contents
- What is a Podcast?
- What is Podcast Hosting?
- Benefits of Podcast Hosting
- Podcast Hosting Sites
- Free Podcast Hosting Sites
- Podcast Hosting Equipment
- Criteria for Choosing the Best Podcast Hosting Service
- Podcast Hosting FAQ
Benefits of Podcast Hosting
The world of podcast hosting has given business owners and marketers a new way to reach their audience. People are very interested and enthusiastic about listening to podcasts.
Here, we are discussing the various benefits of podcast hosting for your businesses.
Helps in Building a Personal Connection
Podcast hosting helps you to open up to your listeners. It helps your business in building relationships with your customers and sells more products.
We have already discussed how to connect with new customers using podcast hosting. But what about the customers you already have?
Customers love to hear about your experiences and might even want to be featured on your podcast. You can feature them on your podcast which will help you build a better rapport with your current customers.
Convenient and Easy to Understand
People carry around an entire library of podcasts in their pockets every day. Podcast listeners will be able to listen to you anytime and even on the go. They are able to understand much more information from a podcast having a relaxed conversation than a traditional blog post.
Easily Upload Audio Files
Drafting, editing, and publishing blog posts can be boring and tedious. It is easy to quickly upload an audio file to your hosting service with an automated quick description. It saves a lot of time. You can utilize this time on working out of giving your readers new content.
Setting up an initial podcast can be relatively cheap, and it depends on how robust of a set-up you want. You can set up a high-quality podcast anytime. So, podcast hosting has huge ROI potential.
Helpful in Increasing Traffic
People are more likely to check out things on your website through referrals. By having the podcast reference your products or services, you can add more traffic to your website. You can also create show notes for each episode that could act as a way for people to get links to things you refer to in each show. It will increase traffic to your website.
Podcast hosting helps in building your authority whether you are the first or the first of many in your industry to host a podcast. When people consume your content in different ways and hear from different people on your team, you become the go-to person or business they want to talk to.
No Content Saturation
So many companies are hosting podcasts and they have thousands of listeners. Podcasting has the type of setup that prevents content saturation because each host has his own style of giving information. In addition to this, the podcast is lesser focused, so there is no feeling of content saturation.
Internal Company Development
Some of your team members may have difficulty while public speaking. Having podcast hosting is a great opportunity for them to improve their public speaking skills when discussing the products and services of the company. It leads to internal company development as public speaking plays an important role in the growth of businesses.
A New Money-Making Opportunity
By podcast hosting, you connect to your audience. It will help you create more ways for them to buy your products. Podcasting also gives your company a new way to make money provided your podcast has a good number of listeners. You could get advertisers to pay you for short on-air readings.
Helpful in Collecting New Ideas
When you host a podcast with other co-hosts or do research for each episode, it gives you a chance to collect information you may not have noticed before. So, podcast hosting helps in collecting new ideas.
Screen Watching not needed
Today is the world of screens. Podcast hosting helps people to get away from the constant reading of blog content on a computer screen.
Wouldn’t it be easier to call and know the required information instead of reading the entire piece of information in the form of a blog post? The podcast hosts do the same thing.
Best Podcast Hosting Sites
Best and Easy Podcast Hosting Platform ($29/Month + 1 Month Free)
PodBean is a name that has an excellent hosting service in the market. It provides distribution and promotion on platforms such as iTunes, Google Play, Slack, Spotify, Amazon Alexa, and many more. It comes with many podcast hosting plans which have unlimited bandwidth.
PodBean has successfully completed more than 10 years in the podcasting hosting space and is known as one of the easiest-to-use hosts in this category.
- Podbean has a box full of tools that help Podcasters grow and monetize their shows. It has high-quality hosting. Here, you also get the facility to easily tie in with the sponsorship marketplace, add a dynamic ad, and enjoy premium content service.
- You get the freedom to dynamically add your own sponsored ad campaigns into your new episodes so that you can monetize your podcast faster. This plan also allows you to get the recurring income you’re your audiences.
- PodBean users can enjoy their free YouTube version. You just need to sync your YouTube channel with this platform and your episodes will then be auto-uploaded to your YouTube channel.
- It has its own podcast app for iOS and Android phones. It also has an Alexa skill which allows you to listen to your favorite podcasts.
- Podcast promotion tools are another great feature that automatically submits your episodes to all top podcast directories. Your audiences can use this tool to listen to and download podcasts of their choice.
- It has marvelous design tools that can be used to host your website with customizable themes. Podbean podcast player can be easily embedded directly into your WordPress posts and pages.
- In addition to the above features, PodBean provides excellent analytics reports. It also automatically posts all your episodes to social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.
- PodBean comes with 14 days free trial and free and paid plans.
- This plan allows you to upload up to 5 hours of content per month. Its bandwidth is limited to 100GB. You cannot use your own domain name with this plan.
- Flagship Plan: It costs $14 per month or $9 per month if paid annually. You can enjoy an ‘Unlimited Audio Plan’, advanced stats, a website, custom domains, and more with this plan.
- Unlimited Plus Plan: It costs $29 per month when paid annually. Here you get all video features and unlimited audio hosting and video storage.
- Higher Plans: It costs $99 per month when billed annually. Here you get more customization, additional team members, advanced analytics, the ability to use a custom domain, 50K downloads per month, and much more.
- It is very easy to use
- You can host your podcast shows subdomain and website without spending extra money.
- It offers various affordable plans and even a beginner can afford them.
- It comes with good monetization options
- It only offers basic website functionality
- You have to pay extra for premium bandwidth.
The Best and Simple Podcast Hosting for Beginners (Free – $12/month + $20 Amazon Gift Card)
It stepped into the market in 2009 and has earned the faith of more than 100,000 podcasters. Buzzsprout is one of the easiest-to-use software for beginners and bears the crown in terms of simplicity and speed.
You can upload and publish your content quickly. It provides you the import tool, which makes your transfer from another host very easy.
Buzzsprout provides one of the best-designed dashboards, using which you can create content smoothly without bothering about your uploads.
What you actually need to do using this platform is that you just need to upload your media file and the best part is taken care of by the software.
- It has Magic Mastering to give you sound perfection. This tool allows you to give a final and mind-blowing touch to your audio before it reaches the ears of the mass.
- You also get the text editor for editing your show notes.
- Buzzpsrout has great looking Wave Embed Player. It works well on all screen sizes. It comes with cover art, forward and backward skip controls, social sharing buttons, and much more.
- In 2020, it has launched excellent statistics and a mobile-friendly podcast website.
- Unique “Listeners” stat is a feature that gives you an estimate of your total listener numbers in the first 90 days. You can also get to know the nationality of your audience. These analytics features are very useful as they will help you create better content in the future.
- Multiple episode players come with this software. You can use this feature to play one episode or a whole playlist of episodes.
- The ‘Video soundbites’ feature enables you to share your content on YouTube or other social media platforms.
- ‘Add chapter markers’ is present inside the episode interface. This feature enables your listeners to pop back to an episode in the future and listen to a particular part of it.
- Buzzsprout also offers a few unique features, such as the ability to create a video ‘highlight’ right inside the episode dashboard. You can select a section of your show, and they’ll create a video version of that so you can share it on social. You can give people a glimpse into what your show’s all about.
- It automatically presents your episodes to podcast directories and ensures that they are available on all devices and apps.
- BuzzSprout can make a website for you completely free. You also get the facility to customize the design of the website and you can also use a custom domain name.
It comes with both free and paid plans.
Free Plan: It comes with a limited free plan for 90 days. After 90 days all your episodes get automatically deleted. You can upload two hours of content for this period of time.
Paid Plans: There are three paid plans offered by Buzzsprout.
Episodes are hosted indefinitely as long as you are on any of the paid plans.
- $12 per month – You can upload 3hrs of new content each month.
- $18 per month – You can upload 6hrs of new content each month.
- $24 per month – You can upload 12hrs of new content each month.
I suggest you get started with a free plan and then upgrade to any of the available paid plans you want, based on the number of hours of content you need to upload each month.
- It gives an excellent user experience. It is true for all podcasters whether you are podcasting your first show, or transferring an old show to this platform.
- Its pricing is clear and transparent.
- You can choose your plan according to the number of hours of audio you host with them.
- You can distribute it to various directories – Spotify, iTunes, and Google Podcasts, among many others.
- It offers an audio transcription service that can let you convert episodes to blog posts.
- You can also create a website for your podcast shows.
- Your files get deleted after 90 days if you are using its free plan.
- You cannot create a full episode archive on its free plan.
- It sets a bandwidth capping of 250GB per month. So, you might potentially restrict the number of listeners you can have.
- Monthly downloads of more than 5000 episodes could force you to use its Pro plan.
Best Podcast System with Monetization features (Free – $120+).
Spreaker is a podcasting platform that has been in this field since 2010. It comes with a bundle of unique and useful features for podcasters.
Spreaker serves as a one-stop destination for podcasters. It serves equally well for both beginners and flourishing podcasters. It walks beside you and makes your podcasting path smooth to walk and run.
- Spreaker gives you apps for live broadcasting, offline recording, and some parts of production.
- Both desktop and mobile apps are available on this platform. The desktop app supports Windows and Mac operating systems and the mobile app supports both iPhone as well as Android phones. You can use these apps for live streaming, recording, viewing stats, etc.
- It connects your listeners, podcast creators, and advertisers and makes the monetization of your podcast easy. You can insert dynamic ads in your episodes which paves your way of income.
- Your all episodes are published to the main directories through the great distribution Spreaker platform.
- Spreaker’s user-friendly CMS allows you to manage and schedule multiple podcasts with the same account. Using dynamic ad insertion, you get advanced monetization technology. Using this, you can set the monetization feature both at the episode and show levels.
- Team management can be improved by podcasters by adding collaborators and trafficking their own audio. Its data is very trustworthy as it is certified by IAB. It provides a Live Podcasting option. This option enables you to directly interact with your audience with the help of the chatbox.
- One of its main features is its content management system. It allows podcasters of even beginner level to automatically distribute their content on all the major listening platforms such as Spotify, Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, etc.
Spreaker provides both free and paid plans.
The free plan is good enough to test this platform.
Professional Plan: It has three options.
- The on-Air talent package is the basic package. You have to pay $7 per month, for 100 hours of audio in total and basic stats.
- The broadcast package costs $20 per month. It offers you 500 hours of audio storage, advanced stats, and a monetization feature.
- The anchorman package costs $50 per month. It offers full statistics and customizable player colors as additional features.
Enterprise Plan: It costs you $120 per month. You will get access to a complete podtech platform.
- You can find your audience using its popular app.
- It comes with the feature of live broadcasting of your podcasts
- You can chat with listeners during the podcast show.
- It can be fully integrated with the Spreaker Studio.
- You will not get many statistics on cheaper plans.
- You need to upgrade your plan to get additional statistics.
Best Choice for Private Podcasting & Player Options ($19-99/month)
Transistor is excellent, professional service software that hosts some popular podcasts namely Honeybadger, and Cards Against Humanity. It makes things smooth and comes with all of the essential and basic tools and is one of the younger podcast hosting and analytics platforms that have great team support.
Moreover, it is brand-specific and works in a dedicated way for serious podcasters with outstanding features for a range of players. That is, it is good for both professionals and beginners.
- Uploading and publishing your podcast is extremely simple. You can track the performance of all your episodes with its great podcast analytics.
- If you are without your website, it creates a free website for you. And now you can use its embed code to easily and quickly add each episode to the WordPress posts and pages.
- Its in-built website integrates with many email providers such as Convertkit, Drip, etc.
- One of the important features is that its various plans do limit the number of downloads. So, you only need to upgrade your present plan as your podcast grows.
- Running your private shows for earning handsome money is another great experience with the transistor. All you need to do is to focus on your content, upload them, and invite your audience. Rest everything is being taken care of by this platform.
- Transistor has recently launched its multi-episode player, with which you can very easily showcase your back catalog. You can show your newest episode and your 25 latest episodes also. You can run a single episode, the latest episode, or a multi-episode, all of your choice. This feature enables you to give a great tour of all your older episodes to your audiences, which ultimately increases your loyalty.
- Browsing and playing an episode can be done simultaneously. While you browse, your episode goes on playing continuously.
- You can publish your show to YouTube automatically, which increases your reach.
- It allows you to create both private and public podcasts, without creating separate accounts for them. This means you can handle your all podcasts from a single podcast account and single plan. It really sounds good as it saves you money!
- Its tools allow you to manage multiple users from a single account, host multiple shows, make a brand-new website with your domain name, and distribute your podcasts.
- Advanced analytics gives you a clear view of all the trends and stats about your various episodes. You can get fruitful information like the number of subscribers; average downloads per episode, and downloads over time.
- Using the transistor, it becomes very easy to import your existing content using simple migration tools.
Transistor lets you enjoy a free trial and comes with various paid plans also.
It has a 14-day free trial, which you can use to check and take a quick look at the various features it provides. After your satisfaction, you can purchase any of the plans, based on the number of downloads you need per month.
It gives you three paid plans:
- Starter Plan: It costs $19 per month. It provides unlimited podcasts and episodes, up to 2 users, and 10,000 downloads per month.
- Professional Plan: It costs $49 per month. This plan upgrades you to work with up to five team members and 50,000 downloads per month.
- Business Plan: It costs $99 per month. This plan upgrades you to work with up to 10 team members and 150,000 downloads per month.
It’s my advice to take a free trial of Transistor and if you like it, go with its paid plan as per your need. You can easily upgrade your plan as the number of downloads increases.
- You can host unlimited podcasts.
- It focuses on team management.
- It comes with a good analytics option so that you can analyze the performance of your shows.
- There is no free plan available.
- You are restricted to limited monthly downloads
- You cannot remove player branding except on the Business plan.
Independent Podcast Hosting and Analytics Platform ($15/Month)
Simplecast is a platform with powerful tools that promise to always remain behind you and support you to manage, distribute, share, and grow your podcast and take it to the next level.
Simplecast has been active in this field for more than six years. It is the choice of some of the largest brands in podcasting, such as Nike, Kickstarter, Facebook, and HBO.
- With its Recast tool, you can schedule and share clips of your podcast on various social media platforms.
- One-click publishing, different web players, a fully-functioning website, and advanced analytics tools are its important features.
- Its embeddable players come with a great look. You also track analytics for anyone who uses it. This is the main features that you enjoy with this platform.
- You can collaborate with multiple podcast managers using one account. You also enjoy unlimited storage, unlimited uploads, and distribution of your episodes to all major platforms.
- It keeps on updating its entire platform and brand, along with tons of new features.
It provides 14 days free trial and also has paid plans.
Simplecast provides three paid plans:
- Basic Plan: It costs $15 per month. With this plan, you get unlimited storage and uploads, two member accounts, a customizable show website, 20000 downloads per month, an embeddable web player, and email support.
- Essential Plan: It costs $35 per month. Opting for this plan you get all basic plan features, plus two extra user seats, additional web players, location and technology (apps, browsers) analytics, 50000 downloads per month, and chat support.
- Growth Plan: It costs $85 per month. Here you get all features of previous plans, plus 5 more extra user seats i.e. total of 9 users, ISP analytics, detailed metro area location analytics, and 120000 downloads per month.
- It comes with a one-click publishing option.
- You get unlimited storage and unlimited upload features.
- Its players come with an excellent look.
- It imposes restrictions on the number of downloads in every plan. So, it forces you to upgrade the plan.
Best WordPress Podcast Hosting Solution ($19/month).
Castos is a full-featured podcasting plugin for WordPress.
Veteran podcaster Craig Hewitt Castos founded a podcast platform and named it Castos. He had experience in the field of podcasting for more than 4 years. This platform is a full-featured podcasting plugin for WordPress.
- Castos Media Player is a highly customizable media player. When you are ready to host your podcast to the top directories, you just need to upload your audio file and your podcast is live now.
- Podcast Hosting works seamlessly with WordPress. It has a Simple Podcasting WordPress plugin. Here, you can manage your feed and upload new episodes by adding them to the new podcast section. You are able to upload podcasts directly from the WordPress dashboard after installing the WordPress plugin.
- Castos WordPress integration is rivaled only by Blubrry in terms of ease of use.
- Automatic transcription is another great feature. When you upload your audio file, it gets transcribed to your Castos dashboard within a few minutes. You can copy and paste this transcription into WordPress, or download the PDF version and add it to your site.
- With the help of Castos, you can migrate your shows and episodes without any extra charge if you are coming from another platform. This is because Castos has an automated import process.
- It also has an integrated Youtube publishing tool that can convert your audio files into video ones. It can be shared with the click of a button. You can publish to YouTube using Castos software. In addition, you can customize your podcast player, and access deep analytics.
- It comes up with features like unlimited storage, unlimited bandwidth, and unlimited podcasts.
- It has a user-friendly interface that makes podcasting simple whether you are a beginner or a veteran.
- You can also send an email or chat with the team live.
- Castos offers unlimited bandwidth and storage at only $15/month.
- You’ll get unlimited upload volume and download bandwidth for $19/month. In this plan, you can customize the audio player to embed on your website.
- Its pricing plan ranges from $19 to $49 per month. All plans come with unlimited storage and episodes.
- You can republish to YouTube and get full podcast hosting, using the higher-tier plans.
- You can try a free 14-day trial.
- You can host your shows on the WordPress website using the plugin.
- It comes with a good analytics feature.
- You get unlimited episodes and storage with all plans.
- All metadata can also be added in other languages.
- You get the option to republish podcasts to YouTube
- You need a WordPress site to host your shows on the website.
- It requires technical knowledge of WordPress.
Best for Marketing and growing the listeners ($19/Month)
Captivate was created by the creators of Podcast Websites. Both are run by the same Rebel Base Media. Captivate is a platform that is having all the features that Rebel Base Media has thought are required for the best podcasting i.e. for the exponential growth of podcast audiences.
- All plans give you an unlimited number of podcasts, unlimited team members, an amazing new podcast player, private podcasting, advanced analytics which is easily understandable, and marketing tools.
- A customizable, mobile-friendly website with in-built donation support is available with all plans.
- Captivate is focusing on the continuous up-gradation of its analytical software on the basis of feedback. With IAB (Interactive Advertising Bureau) it is working to help you monitor your shows in a better way than before.
- With the help of the import tool, you can easily import shows from another podcast host. You can generate links with its marketing tool to places like Overcast and Pocket Casts. These links help your audience to find your shows easily.
- Its calls to action tool on the podcast player, help you guard your audience with their choice. As the podcast player is highly customizable, you can match it to your company brand name. You just need to upload your episodes, distribute them to various directories, and then send an invitation to your team members.
- 24/7 support via email, live chat, and a knowledge base is really mind-blowing. Both its website and dashboard are very smooth to navigate, even a fresher finds it very easy to use.
- There are many features like smart UI features like default schedule time, batch uploading, WordPress integration with their custom plugin, and a lot more.
- Its podcast sponsorship kit PDF enables you to highlight recent episodes and shows key download numbers, which is indeed a great feature.
Captivate gives you a free trial and paid plans.
It gives you a free trial of 7 days when you can test its features and join the paid plan that suits you.
Captivate offers three plans based on the number of monthly downloads. The plans have been discussed below:
- Podcaster Plan: It costs $19 per month. This plan allows you to download up to 12,000 per month.
- Audio Influencer Plan: It costs $49per month. This plan allows you to download up to 60,000 per month.
- Podcast Brand Plan: It costs $99 per month. This plan allows you to download up to 150,000 per month.
- It is a superb podcast player. You can choose to display one show only or your whole collection of shows.
- You can customize a call to action and other options.
- It is very easy to use and designed keeping in mind the user experience and intuitive features.
- It has a great dashboard and excellent team management features.
- A private Podcast feature is available on the entry-level plan. It helps you to monetize premium content, sell a membership, etc.
- It comes with a WordPress plugin. You can easily host your podcast on the WordPress website.
- It is costlier in comparison to some other platforms.
- You get additional features that you pay for, but it is not feasible for new podcasters to spend a minimum of $19 per month to host a show.
- Overall statistics are lacking but for some reason, you could only find episode stats.
- It would be useful if the above stats will be combined for an overall view of your show’s popularity.
Best Podcast Hosting Platform for Website Builders ($67/month).
Podcast Websites is an excellent platform created by two well-known podcasters. Here you get a box full of exciting and useful features such as a WordPress website, web hosting, email address, unlimited podcast hosting, domain name, etc.
- Podcast Websites give you digital marketing support from experienced podcasters to help you promote your podcast episodes and ads.
- It provides tutorials in the form of a video library, through its Academy membership which teaches you how to get exponential growth. It also has a community forum where you can discuss strategies with other podcasters.
- Podcast Websites lays stress on building beautiful and eye-catching websites for your podcast. You get a quick start as its themes are made for WordPress.
- Moreover, it gives podcasters a drag-and-drop website builder with unique and attractive themes. Creating many landing pages, blog posts, and web pages to market your podcast is an easy job on this platform. Its themes are mobile-friendly.
- Podcast Websites has a very smooth workflow that allows you to access fully responsive website hosting. It has high-grade security, built-in statistics, daily backups, and unlimited traffic allowance and hosting.
- It has connections with many of the top email service providers such as Aweber and MailChimp, so you can easily build your email list.
- 24/7 support is provided by this platform, which ensures that you are taken care of at all times and do need not to bother about your troubles.
It provides two pricing plans.
The first accounts for $77 per month and the second for $97 per month. You need to choose your plan based on your needs. It’s an ideal solution where you get everything under one roof.
Podcast websites Pros:
- You can build beautiful websites for your podcast episodes
- It gives you excellent marketing tools to promote your shows.
- It is highly secured and offers daily backups.
- 24/7 support is available
Podcast websites Cons:
- Its plan starts from $77 per month which is costlier in comparison to other solutions.
Podcast Hosting with Unlimited Episodes (Free – $39/month)
Podcastics is new podcast software that is very simple and easy to use. It comes with many competitive and interactive features.
- Podcastics offers an intuitive dashboard. For a first-time user on this platform, it just requires a few clicks to set the podcast details and then you can quickly manage the user permissions. Importing your podcast from other platforms is also very easy. Importing is automatic from Apple Podcasts or from any RSS feed.
- For a podcaster with multiple podcasts, building teams within the dashboard is a very smooth process. It is a great option for studios and agencies.
- Podcast analytics helps you to know all details about your audiences. You can know about the details of the plays which are played, the days and hours when they are played, and also the location of your audience.
- It comes with live streaming
- Podcast and episode editing tools are the other positive aspect that you enjoy on this platform.
- You can even plan your episodes and schedule them for a particular day, date, and time.
- QR codes, surveys, smart links, and heat maps are some features that you enjoy on this platform.
Podcasts offer the following pricing plans. All the plans except the free one offer unlimited episodes.
- Premium Plan: It costs $ 4 per month. You can organize a series of episodes and can customize your website.
- Pro Plan: It costs $ 8 per month. In addition to the features of the above plan, it provides you hosting feature. It provides you unlimited bandwidth and storage access.
- Max Plan: It costs $ 4 per month. In this plan, you get access to the content delivery network.
All the plans come with the 1st-month free package.
- It is very easy to use and even a beginner can use it easily.
- It comes with advanced features such as surveys, smart links, and QR codes.
- Team management is another good feature of this platform.
- Its free plan comes with very basic limited options.
(Free Podcast Software)
This is one of the free podcast software which gives services liked by most podcasters all over the world. It gives you unlimited storage capacity, without the condition of a trial.
- At this platform, you can very easily create, distribute, and monetize your podcasts, that too on any device. The company aims to democratize audio and thus helps people to get their voices heard worldwide irrespective of their experience or background.
- It takes care of all the pain points of creators, comes with easy-to-use tools, and powerful technology using the best practices. Hence it is a popular choice for many podcasters.
- You can distribute your podcast automatically to the top directories such as Spotify, Google Podcasts, etc.
- Its recording tool allows you to record audio from a desktop, iPad, or smartphone, which is compatible with a wide range of external microphones. It also provides Sync recordings across multiple devices, which you can access anytime you want.
- You can also change your episodes through audio segments, convert videos into audio and mix & match segments using the recorded audio in audio.
- This platform also gives you a special Leverage Anchor’s sound effect and transition library, which you can use to break longer segments in your recording. Additionally, you can convert your audio into animated videos and share them.
- If you want to record with guests remotely, you can very easily accomplish this task, no matter where your guests are situated in the world. Your audiences and listeners can commute with you by leaving a voice message for you.
- Its dashboard has actionable insights, that help you to know the rate of success of your podcast, and of course, you can monetize them to make good money.
- It is a completely free podcast hosting platform.
- A one-click distribution feature is available in Anchor podcast hosting.
- You can record from your browser, desktop, or app.
- Multiple podcast episodes (up to 5 people) can be held simultaneously.
- It provides many monetization options.
- Customer support is poor.
- Its audio editor is clunky.
- It has limited marketing and distribution options
Libsyn is one of the oldest and most trusted podcast hosting services that has been in this field since 2004. The “Old is Gold” proverb suits this platform. Moreover, it is a roof where you can host and monetize your shows. It is upgrading itself as the need arises.
- Libsyn is associated with IAB Tech Lab and provides IAB v2.0 certified statistics. This feature leads your investors, advertisers, and show sponsors to trust your podcast.
- It gives you almost all details and analysis such as platforms your listeners use, destination breakouts, geographical heat maps, social media statistics, data range selectors, downloads, and more.
- Its myLibsyn feature enables you to gather potential subscribers who pay to access premium content.
- You can very easily optimize and customize your episodes. It also gives you a WordPress plugin for publishing your content to the top directories with a single click.
- In addition to these features, it also provides a listing directory, compliance with RSS feed, file manager, and FTP support.
- It creates a mini-site for your podcast, which is also mobile-friendly and works on both Android or iOS apps. You also get a custom domain and color options for your brand.
- Monetization and the presence of enterprise-level tools are the other benefits for corporations and producers.
Libsyn does not have a free plan and its basic plan provides very little data, which makes you switch to its higher tier as your data limit exceeds.
- Its plan starts from $5 and whereas the pro plan costs $40 per month.
- These plans provide monthly storage in the range of 50 MB to 800 MB per month.
- It gives you many customizable options for various features, so you have to pay only for what you use.
- It has built a reliable reputation.
- You can host your podcast with tons of listeners with complete peace of mind.
- You can choose a monthly storage use limit as per your need.
- It gives you great choices in statistics, monetization, and how you present our podcast to the world with a custom website.
- If you spend a lot of time in the dashboard, you might get disappointed with the same design template.
- It does not offer any free plan. You have to spend $5 per month to use it.
- You need to spend an extra $2 for standard statistics.
- Even if you are using its paid plan, you have to pay an extra amount to use IOS and Android app or your own domain.
SoundCloud came into the market in 2015 and became a leader in music or audio hosting. At present, more than 175M new visitors come to this platform on monthly basis. Due to its excellent service, it has become a popular choice for podcasters who want to host their music episodes and grow their career.
- SoundCloud helps you to increase the number of your listeners with the help of its advanced stats. This platform enables easy sharing and publishing of your episodes. You get immediate response and feedback from your audience which again helps you give proper direction to your business.
- By customizing your episodes, you can even turn on or off the comments section. Your fans and audiences can easily subscribe to you to get updates about your content.
- You can also pin up to 5 tracks, albums, or playlists, and get a badge showing on your profile. You enjoy the great support and even monetize, promote and distribute your podcasts to major directories
- SoundCloud provides Pro Unlimited paid plan with which you can schedule your releases, get advanced stats, highlight and pin popular episodes, and most importantly enjoy the unlimited hosting time.
- Advanced stats are real-time stats that show information such as the number of top listeners, their cities and countries, and the episodes they play and download. You also get to know about your per-episode likes, comments, and reposts, play by 3rd-party apps, RSS, and websites.
It offers both free and paid plans.
- Basic Plan: It is free. You get 3 hours of upload time, basic statistics, and embedding options.
- Repost Plan: You need to pay $30 per year for this plan. You can push your shows to streaming services and monetize them on one platform.
- Pro Plan: It costs $144 per year. Here, you get unlimited upload time, monetization options, and advanced listener statistics.
- SoundCloud comes with a good player and easy embed options.
- You see Soundcloud players everywhere because it is very easy to integrate with various directories and platforms.
- You can get traffic from a large community.
- It helps you to increase your listener count by virtue of being on a social network and interacting with fellow podcasters
- You can get excellent statistics using this platform. It offers advanced and extremely in-depth “listener insights” in its paid plans.
- It does not offer any monthly plans. You have to pay for a year at a time and there is no monthly payment option.
- To save a lot, you have to keep an eye on the regular promotions run on this platform.
- It imposes a three-hour limit on podcast shows.
- The free plan is limited by length and not size. So, if you are hoping to reduce bitrate a bit in order to upload longer episodes, you get disappointed.
Resonate Recording is a platform that is constantly upgrading itself with the demand. Lately, it has incorporated hosting in its platform.
- Resonate Recordings provides you a single roof where you can get professional editing and production for seamless hosting of your shows.
- It gives you your own podcast website, and a great-looking embed player, with which you can maintain a proper record and deep analysis of your audience.
- Just with a single click and in no time, this platform enables you to distribute your audio to multiple top podcast directories like Google, Stitcher, and more.
- It has an intelligent dashboard, which lets you determine podcast SEO and performance.
- Resonate Recordings gives you an automatically made podcast micro-site, so you can set up your podcast channel online. This micro-site is a landing page, using which the audience can view your episodes, subscribe to your channel, and even contact you.
Resonate Recordings offers both free trial and paid plans.
It provides a 14-day free trial, which in my opinion is sufficient to test a platform. If you liked its features, switch to a paid model of the platform and run your podcast.
It provides the following three paid plans, with which you get unlimited shows, episodes, and bandwidth.
- Basic Plan: It costs $25 per month.
- Premium Plan: It costs $49 per month.
- Professional Plan: You can opt for this plan upon request.
Best Toolbox of Podcasting Software ($8/Month).
Fusebox is created by renowned podcaster Pat Flynn of Smart Passive Income. After years of podcasting and gaining experience, he created the best possible podcast.
- Fusebox has an email capture feature, which is offered here only.
- Transcript plugin is also provided by Fusebox which is SEO-friendly. This feature automatically adds podcast transcripts to your website.
- Its player works in a clear-cut way. You just need to install the Fusebox WordPress plugin and add your RSS feed. Next, you need to give your subscription URLs to push your shows to the top directories. And finally, you come to the customization of the colors of your podcast player, and then add the player to your posts and pages.
- Moreover, you can host your files, by sending them to podcast networks and displaying them on your WordPress website.
Fusebox offers free as well as paid plans.
- Free Plan: You should start with the free plan. You can start podcasting using the sitewide sticky player. It is mobile-friendly.
- Pro Plan: It costs $8 per month when billed annually. It offers additional features such as custom colors, email capture, social sharing, future timestamps, etc.
Backtracks hold the crown in the field of podcast analytics and hosting platforms. It comes with an advanced level of analysis. It aims at changing the present image of the podcast industry.
- Backtracks have been trusted by many large brands. It has robust analytics and a good embeddable player with clickable transcripts. In addition, it also provides secure hosting and API access.
- It comes with very potent analytics built on an open-source framework developed by it. You can create custom reports, get historical data, view trends, and take advantage of AI to ensure that the data is precise.
- Its interface is so user-friendly, that even a person having the least knowledge of technology can understand it quickly.
- Customer support is excellent as the support team members are knowledgeable. But this excellent support can only be enjoyed by its paid members.
You can try a podcast player option for free but has limited features.
- Its pricing plan starts from $49 per month and goes up to $249 per month.
- It is not suitable for you if you are a beginner, but if you run a media brand, its advanced analytics is invaluable for you.
- It is much more expensive than other solutions available in the market.
Unlimited Storage at $12.99/month
Podiant comes with unlimited storage for $12.99 per month. This makes it very easy to start and grow your podcast. Podiant has started making its root deep in the podcast market and to date, it has managed over 3 million downloads.
- Podiant gives you easy to navigate interface so that you can run your podcast smoothly. It comes with detailed analytics, which you can use to know the major statistics about your podcast. You also get recommendations on how to improve your viewership and audience engagement.
- Sharing on various social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter is also very easy with Podiant. It also allows auto-posting of your episodes to YouTube.
- Additionally, you are able to build good-looking podcast websites with landing pages, a blog, bio pages, episode pages, and more.
- Customer support is provided by experts and knowledgeable persons. The support is quite responsive and they have a detailed knowledge base.
You can try Podiant for free for 14 days.
It also offers the following paid plans:
- Indie Plan: It costs $12.99 per month. It is the perfect plan for beginners. Support is provided through Podcaster’s Hub.
- Profession Plan: As the name suggests, it is best suited for professionals. Higher-bitrate audio plus and premium support are features of this plan. You have to spend $24.99 per month.
- Networks Plan: It gets started from $35.97 per month. You can start this plan with three podcast network and upgrade plans as your network grows.
AudioBoom is a place where you can host, distribute, and monetize your podcast. It provides you a perfect platform where you can connect with advertisers and make handsome money.
- AudioBoom launched its “New podcasters” option where you can publish up to 5 episodes at $9.99 per month with up to 10K plays per month.
- Once you cross this barrier of 10K monthly downloads, you get access to its advertising partnerships, contributor accounts, sponsorships, sales service, targeted ad network, and branded partnerships. And then what! Nothing but just money and money.
- It has a separate plan for podcast networks and radio groups. It has its own monetization and management options.
- Audioboom enables you to distribute your podcast episodes over the top directories.
- You can add a responsive embeddable player and access analytical details about the performance of your individual episodes. You can create a simple podcast page on this platform and invite collaborators to help make your show a super-duper hit.
- Customer support is provided by experts and knowledgeable persons through email. They have solutions to all your problems, so you just need to focus on the creation of your content and uploading them. If a problem comes, contact experts via email.
It has two plans that are based on the number of downloads.
- If you have less than 10000 downloads per month, you have to pay $9.99 per month. You can do unlimited shows per month.
- If you have more than 10000 downloads per month, you get a price-on-demand monthly plan. In this plan, You will get branded content partnership opportunities, and event and live show sponsorships.
Best Free Podcast Hosting Sites
There are many podcast hosting platforms of which are free, and some are paid. Paid podcast hosting platforms also offer free plans in addition to their paid plans.
Below is the list of those podcast hosting sites that offer free plans.
Anchor is one of the best free podcast platforms.
Its main focus is on mobile podcasting. You can also use its web interface to edit and manage your episodes. It has a built-in ad platform; you can easily edit your audio files and is constantly updating with new features.
One major drawback of this podcast hosting site is that you cannot change the email address in your RSS feed. RSS feed is used to verify your podcast on many services.
Podomatic has been in the podcast market since 2005 and is a free-to-start podcast hosting platform. Its interface is very simple.
Firstly, it gives standard analytics, 15GB of bandwidth per month, and free storage of up to 500MB. Secondly, it allows you to run your podcast quickly.
Thirdly, it comes with a podcasting website powered by Weebly, and its built-in ability to monetize your podcast with patrons through Patreon. Lastly, you can also connect with advertisers through its Advertisecast feature.
You can contact it via email, or phone, and take maximum benefit from its knowledge base.
ZenCast is trusted by many podcasters and is very easy to use. It enables you to create unlimited episodes, uploads, and downloads.
Its super-fast Content Delivery Network assists you to distribute your podcast with just a mouse click. Moreover, it is compliant with the RSS feed, so you need not worry about losing your subscribers.
If you don’t have a website, you can use its website hosting without any additional cost. Its podcast player looks amazing and is easy to customize.
Server management, plugin configurations, and site synchronization are done automatically as soon as you make any changes to your website.
Moreover, you get an impressive player and real-time analytics to improve your further content.
Enjoy its free trial for 14-days.
Best WordPress Podcast Hosting Platform
Blubrry is a great podcast hosting service. It offers managed WordPress hosting with the PowerPress plugin.
They believe in creator first approach and offer a podcasting manual that gives you a ton of detailed information on using their services. Additionally, they give you tips and advice to succeed in your new podcast.
Their free plan has 100MB of storage. However, for unlimited hosting services, you need to upgrade to their professional plan.
Buzzsprout is one of the best podcast-hosting services. It offers a free plan that you can use as long as you want.
You can upload a maximum of 2 hours of audio per month. These episodes are only hosted for 90 days.
Buzzsprout free plan is best for you if you are a beginner in the field of podcasting.
You can easily upload your file and add them to all major directories. You can also track your listeners with their advanced analytics.
SoundCloud is another free podcast host, but their podcasting features are limited.
You can upload 2 hours of audio per month for free and get a basic reporting feature under the free plan.
Moreover, you can get access to all its embedded players, Twitter cards, and timed comments using its hosting services.
Megaphone is one of the most popular podcast hosting focused on helping everyone from the beginner to the podcasting pros who want to monetize their work quickly.
They are the prominent podcast player in this field.
They provide RSS link generation, detailed analytics, and premium content along with the app. to their users.
Podcasts.com is a free host with unlimited podcasts, storage, and bandwidth.
It has a large directory of shows.
Podbean also offers a free plan. You can upload 5 hours of audio and you can use 100MB of bandwidth per month.
You will have to upgrade to get a custom domain, more advanced stats, or more website customization.
Spreaker offers a “free speech” hosting plan with 5 hours of audio storage.
You can also do 15 minutes of live streaming.
Best Podcast Hosting Equipment
If you have planned to start podcasting your shows, you need to purchase some podcast hosting equipment. You just need a computer and a microphone to start your podcast.
Podcast listeners get frustrated from a recording that sounds scratchy or has dramatic volume changes as it was recorded or edited poorly. Since podcasting is such a crowded space, you cannot take the risk to distract or turn off your potential fans. So, you need high-quality audio, and for this, you need the following podcast hosting equipment.
You don’t need a highly configured laptop to podcast your show. You can do it fine with most of the computers. But be sure that your machine was built at least in the last three years so that it supports your audio software. The older version of a laptop may not support the audio software you are using.
I use a Macbook Air for podcasting my shows.
Don’t use your computer’s built-in microphone. Instead, you should start with a USB microphone. Just plug in your microphone into your laptop, do audio input settings, and start recording.
USB microphones are affordable and very easy to use.
You should consider your recording environment and the type of microphone you want: dynamic or condenser. A condenser microphone is good for single-person shows whereas a dynamic one is better when recording multiple people together.
My recommendation in the condenser category is Blue Yeti and the dynamic one is ATR 2100x-USB.
Audio quality is one of the most critical aspects of any podcast. A good pair of headphones such as Audio-Technica ATH-M50x can listen for p-pops, distortion, and other issues. Hence, you need a pair of closed-back headphones of good quality so that none of the sound coming through the headphones gets picked up by your microphone.
I use Audio-Technica ATH-M50x headphones for my podcast.
The mixer gives you more control over inputs, levels, outputs, effects, and more. Effects such as flanging, reverb, delays, etc. give your show a professional sound. You can set up a mix-minus line for your remote guests if you plan to regularly have call-in guests.
I use a Mackie PROFX8V2 mixer for podcasting my shows.
For podcasting your shows, you need a good webcam for streaming. You can use your webcam to record video podcasts and upload them to YouTube. Your webcam gives professional look in meetings.
For audio podcasters, a video may not be vital for podcasting their episodes. But, it is required for meetings, interviews with influencers, and potential sponsors. And, you don’t have to spend a lot of money on your webcam. You need a good webcam for streaming in at least 1080p that comes within your budget.
I use Logitech C920S webcam for my podcast.
Criteria for Choosing the Best Podcast Hosting Service
Are you thinking about launching a podcast?
That is great!
But, before you get started, there are a few things you will have to discover—including which site you will host your podcast on.
As you research which podcast hosting service is suitable for you, evaluate each using these five criteria. It will help you to pick the one that will help your podcast succeed.
1. Storage Limit
Consider your storage needs in the near and long term whether you are just starting out or are a veteran in podcasting.
Most podcast hosting sites offer various plans with set storage limits, either based on file sizes or total time. You may have to upgrade your plan if you go over the allotted storage limit.
If the platform allows you to host two hours of audio content per month, you will have to be crafty with the publishing frequency and episode duration. In this way, you can share the desired content with your audience.
If you want to produce multiple podcasts now or in the future, it is important to make sure that the podcast host can host each of your shows on a separate RSS feed. And thereby you are able to manage them within one dashboard.
So, you should keep in mind your requirement for the podcast show and choose according to your need.
2. Website Integrations
A podcast website is important. It is the place where listeners can find everything about your podcast – from subscribing to the show, tuning in to your episodes, and finding out more about your business.
If you have not set up a podcast website yet, verify if the podcast host offers you to create a personalized site. It will allow you to create a centralized place for your show with minimal effort.
Many businesses choose WordPress to build their website. So, it is important to consider if a podcast host can be integrated with its popular themes. It will save you time in the long run.
If the website integration feature is not available, you have to manually upload an episode to the podcast host and embed the link on your website. But with this feature, you can simply upload your audio file directly in WordPress and a new post is automatically created for you.
You should also verify whether the podcast host has domain routing capabilities. Using this feature, you can easily integrate the current domain name with your RSS feed.
3. Content Repurposing Services
It is a minimum requirement of any podcast host to easily feature your podcast across every directory. You should check if the platform helps you reach your audience on the 2nd largest search engine, i.e., YouTube. Nowadays, listening to podcasts on YouTube is becoming more popular. You should check and see if the podcast host offers automatically YouTube republishing. It will save you time and double your reach.
You can make your podcast more accessible by including a full transcription of each episode on your website. You should make sure your podcast host can transcribe each episode seamlessly.
4. Audience Analytics
5. Monetization Support
You can also monetize your podcasts. If making money from your podcast now or down the line is important, you will have to consider if the podcast host will help your strategies. You should check whether the software support premium subscription technology or not. Choose the hosting software that provides the above feature.
You may not earn a profit from the very beginning. But it will definitely support your future needs if you decide to transform your podcast into your main source of income.
While deciding which podcast host is best for you, you should keep these criteria in mind. You should choose the platform that helps in the growth of your show. And the company is making all strides to improve the platform. When you have chosen a suitable platform for you, go for a free trial so that you can explore all its features.
Podcast Hosting FAQ
1. What is podcast hosting?
A podcast hosting is a place where audio files of your podcast shows are stored and distributed. They provide a podcast RSS feed that is basically a listing of all your episodes. You submit the RSS feed to Apple Podcasts and other podcast directories to host your episodes on that platform.
They also provide web players and scheduling tools so that you can easily publish your podcast shows. Moreover, they also give an analytics tool that will be helpful in increasing the reach of your podcast shows.
You can also integrate social sharing features, additional distribution options, and ad networks into your podcasts.
2. Which is the best podcast hosting for me?
As we have seen many podcast hosting services offer various plans with similar features. Many plans put limits on storage space and the number of downloads.
On the basis of overall uses, we recommend Podbean and Transistor as the best podcast hosting services. They come with unlimited storage and bandwidth and are so easy to use. You can also promote your podcast shows across different services using Podbean.
If you are a beginner, we recommend the BuzzSprout podcast hosting solution.
If you want to host your podcast on a WordPress website, we recommend Blubrry. It has a PowerPress plugin. With this plugin, you can manage a podcast directly from your WordPress website.
Libsyn is the best podcast hosting for you if you want to build your brand identity. It offers an easy-to-use platform that puts your brand in the center and helps you promote your podcast across different platforms.
3. How much does podcast hosting cost?
There is no fixed cost for podcast hosting. It varies from one platform to another and also from one plan to plan. The average cost of podcast hosting ranges from $5 to $59 per month.
The cost of podcast hosting depends on the following factors :
- Hosting company you opt for
- Number of episodes you produce every month,
- And the number of downloads you get every month
Different pricing plans of companies depend on storage space, analytics reports and bandwidth, and many more factors.
Beginners are not willing to pay more than $20 per month. If you have many listeners, you could easily pay much more.
4. How to distribute podcasts?
After setting up your podcast hosting, you will want to be get listed on the top podcasting directories so that people can find and listen to your podcast episodes.
iTunes, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and Stitcher are the most popular directories.
You can connect these and have your episodes automatically uploaded to your host using Auphonic. Some podcast hosting sites also offer podcast distribution to these directories by using the RSS feed.
Some podcast hosts allow you to repurpose your shows to YouTube so that your shows are pushed there automatically.
5. Which is best – FREE or paid podcast hosting?
Many podcast hosting platforms offer their services on a monthly payment basis and many others offer to host for free. But there are some limitations in the free podcast hosting.
We’ll try to find out the answer to the above question on the basis of the pros and cons of free and paid podcast hosting.
Free Podcast Hosting Pros:
- It is free and is a great way to get into the podcast community.
- It offers flexibility. You can test the platform and see if it is suitable for you in the long run. If it doesn’t, you can move to a new host.
Free Podcast Hosting Cons:
- It comes with limited options. It does not provide all the features that might you need. Generally, it comes with limited storage, bandwidth, analytics limited only to a show, and many more.
- You might face issues with ownership of your podcast content.
Paid Podcast Hosting Pros:
- Paid plans offer many features and improvements. In the paid plan, you will get access to tools and benefits that are helpful in the growth of your shows. These features could be a customized website for your podcast, detailed analytics on your listeners, and more.
Paid Podcast Hosting Cons:
- Varying prices are offered by paid podcast hosting platforms. It is very difficult for you to choose a suitable plan from different plans made available by different hosting platforms.
Paid plans come with robust podcasting features to grow your show. So, we recommend you to opt for a paid podcast hosting, your podcast is part of a business.
6. How to make money with podcasts?
You can make money with podcasts in two ways :
- Direct monetization
- Indirect monetization
In direct monetization, you are selling in the show itself. You can make money from creating original content, and granting exclusive access to paying members.
On the other hand, in indirect monetization, you use your podcast as a tool to sell other things. Your podcast becomes the medium to promote products and create demand among your listeners.
You can make money through direct monetization in the following ways:
- By asking for donations
- Creating paid-membership tiers
- Selling ads or sponsorships
- By selling premium content and episodes
- Repurposing your show on YouTube
You can make money through direct monetization in the following ways:
- By selling physical products
- Selling standalone e-course
- Selling an app
- Hosting an event
- Selling affiliate products
There are many more ways to make money from your podcast.
7. How to start a podcast?
- First of all, create and design your podcast idea based on a strong approach. You need a good purpose and approach to your shows. It should have a unique value proposition.
- Your podcast should be interesting so that once the listeners join the show; they won’t leave the podcast during the shows. Interesting podcasts will be shared more.
- You must be clear about the format and style of your shows. If you are hosting a solo podcast, choose 1-on-1 interaction, and a coherent episode style.
- When you are planning for your niche, do competitive research, and check out other podcasts.
- Your podcast should reflect your brand identity. Use your logo and cover art while podcasting shows.
- Keep all your podcast equipment – a good laptop, microphone, headphones, mixers, audio recording software ready.
- Plan your monetization strategy from the very beginning – whether you want to get monetized with sponsorships or through creating a funnel and thereby increasing traffic and revenue.
- You should choose a podcast host as per your requirements. They provide you necessary storage, bandwidth, integration with podcast directories and websites, and marketing tools.
- Give your best to your podcast shows and introduce listeners to your show and what is it all about. Try to create engaging content at regular intervals.
- Create pre-recorded slogans that can be used to create a brand identity.
- Make a schedule of your podcast shows. Record, mix, and upload future episodes in advance to maintain a consistent schedule.
- Engage your listeners by giving them some call-to-action. You can request them to rate and review your podcast, visit your website, or check for a sponsor.
- Then, you have to submit your podcast to the top directories like iTunes, Spotify, and Stitcher, to maximize your reach.
- Now, it is time to do digital marketing for your podcast shows. So, you have to plan a digital marketing strategy that includes website creation, social media marketing, email marketing, and many more.
- Repurpose your content in the form of text and videos so that it can be shared on your blogs and YouTube channel.
- To make money from podcasts, you need amazing content and a robust digital marketing strategy.
8. What equipment do we need for podcasts?
To podcast your shows, you need some equipment. You can start podcasting your shows just with a computer and a microphone. But for a high-quality podcast show, you need some more equipment.
You don’t need a high-configuration laptop for podcasting. Just you need a laptop that supports the audio software.
You can start your show using the laptop’s microphone. But, for a better recording, you need a USB microphone. You should use a condenser microphone for single-person shows and a dynamic one for multiple shows.
For good audio quality, you need a pair of closed-back headphones of good quality so that none of the sound coming through the headphones gets picked up by your microphone.
The mixer gives you more control over inputs, outputs, levels, effects, and more and enhances the user experience of your podcast.
9. How to promote a podcast?
You are ready with a great podcast show. Now, it is time to promote the podcast. You can promote it by adopting the following ways:
- You should build an email list before your podcast launch. This can be social media followers, blog readers, etc.
- Record 2-5 podcast episodes before you launch.
- You should pick a launch date.
- Create assets like clips, images, and shareable quotes.
- On the launch date, message all the list participants to ask them to listen to your podcast show.
- You should keep publishing new episodes consistently.
10. Why can’t I host the files on my website?
You can host files on your website. But, high-quality audio files require a lot of storage space and bandwidth. Having many listeners at once could prevent your website from functioning.
So if your podcast gets many listeners, you will need a high-end hosting service to handle it.
Podcast hosting services help you to deal with the above issue. They let you store and stream the audio files without any technical issues.
11. Which features I will need for the podcast hosting platform?
You need the following features for the podcast hosting platform.
- It should have a great-looking and customizable player.
- The hosting platform should have unlimited storage space, bandwidth, and download.
- It should have a good distributing ability (RSS feed) on various directories so that it can be published in one click.
- Podcast hosting should have well-developed analytics and marketing tools to increase the reach of your podcast.
Listeners tend to give podcasts exclusive time and attention. Listeners join podcast shows during workouts, commutes, and whenever they get free time. When the listeners tune into your show, they are tuning in to you only. It enhances loyalty to your brand. Other forms of media are subject to many distractions.
Podcasting can build loyalty and positive sentiments toward your brands. But those benefits are not free. Podcast requires time, money, and significant labor. You have to spend between 5-15 minutes of your time producing every minute of podcast audio that the listener hears. In addition to this, you will have to market your podcast like a product.
So, we can conclude that podcasting can be an amazing channel to reach your audiences, and build loyalty, and positive sentiment towards your brand, but with significant costs and tradeoffs.