So, do you want t start a mental fitness blog but don’t know how to begin?
Don’t worry! We are with you.
In this blog post, we will guide you on how to start a mental fitness blog the correct way.
We are going to talk about various subjects like:
- Why Mental Fitness?
- Step-by-step Guide To Starting Your Mental Fitness Blog.
- How To Make Money Through Your Blog?
Let’s get you started!
WHY MENTAL FITNESS?
Mental health professionals start a mental fitness blog to promote their services, boost their brand image, and attract new prospects.
Psychology students often start their mental fitness blog to share their class learnings with people to educate them.
Some content creators or bloggers start a mental fitness blog to spread awareness about certain mental health issues.
Others want to start their mental fitness blog to share their experiences with the world so that nobody else suffers the same as they do.
Which category do you fall in? Or is there any other reason that we have skipped? Let us know in the comments.
Whichever category you fall in, please know that mental fitness is the need of the hour.
Let us give you some statistics to validate our point:
- 970 million people worldwide have a mental health or substance abuse disorder. (Our World in Data, 2018)
- Anxiety is the most common mental illness in the world, affecting 284 million people. (Our World in Data, 2018)
- Globally, mental illness affects more females (11.9%) than males (9.3%). (Our World in Data, 2018)
- Major depression, anxiety, alcohol use disorders, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and dysthymia (persistent mild depression) were identified as leading causes of disability in the U.S. (U.S. Burden of Disease Collaborators, 2013)
- The mortality rate of those with mental disorders is significantly higher than the general population, with a median life expectancy loss of 10.1 years. (JAMA Psychiatry, 2015)
- It is estimated mental disorders are attributable to 14.3% of deaths worldwide, or approximately 8 million deaths each year. (JAMA Psychiatry, 2015)
And, this is not enough. The numbers are growing with growing time demanding attention. Hence starting a mental fitness blog is the need of the hour and an ideal way to spread awareness.
ADVANTAGES OF STARTING A MENTAL FITNESS BLOG
The advantages of starting a Mental fitness Blog are endless. Some of which are given below:
- Writing a mental fitness blog is remedial for many.
- If you are a health professional then it is a great way to promote your services.
- A great way of establishing yourself as an expert in your domain.
- Helps you attract new prospects.
- Gives you new networking opportunities.
Whatever your motivation will be. I’m sure you must be facing the dilemma: ’ How do you start a mental fitness blog THE CORRECT WAY?”
Let’s dive in to solve this for you.
7 STEPS TO START A MENTAL FITNESS BLOG
Here are a few simple steps for you to start your mental fitness blog the correct way:
1. DECIDE ON YOUR NICHE
There are so many types of mental Fitness Blogs available online. So the first thing you need to do is to pick your niche and target audience.
Decide on what subject are you going to talk about and who will you address. We recommend you stick to your niche and not change it later since that will mean a lot of effort and confusion among your blog audience.
LIST OF NICHES
- Meditation and Wellness
- Mental Health training
- Re-programming Brain Capabilities
- Mental Training
- Personal Health
- Guide to Various Mental Health Topics
- Yoga For Mental Wellness
- Sharing Your Journey to Conquer Mental Issues
- Health and Mental Fitness
- Resilience, Stress, and Health Issues
- Staff Wellness, and Training
- Mind, Body, and Soul Balance
- Self-love, Well-being, and Motivation
- Work-life Balance and many more
FACTORS TO KEEP IN MIND
- What is your target audience?
- Are people really interested in the niche that you have chosen?
- Will you be able to write blogs long-term?
- Is it trending on Google?
- How are your competitors doing?
- Are you passionate about it or just doing it for money?
We believe that passion can move mountains. So even if the niche chosen is not trending but you are passionate about it. You never know you might create a new milestone on the web! Hence we recommend choosing a niche that you are passionate about.
2. PICK YOUR BLOGGING PLATFORM AND HOSTING
After you have chosen your niche, it’s time for you to work on some technical aspects of Blogging. You need to choose a blogging platform and hosting to launch your blogs on the web.
A Blogging platform is either self-hosted or open source coding software that enables you to create, post, modify, edit and delete your blogs.
Hosting helps you to store all your website content on the web and access it whenever needed.
If you are choosing a self-hosted blogging platform like WordPress.org then you have to choose a hosting and manage your website on your own. It will not come included with the platform.
While if you choose a hosted open source blogging platform like WordPress.com then you just have to focus on your website content and everything else will be managed by the blogging platform (hosting, backend processes).
We recommend you choose a self-hosted blogging platform preferably WordPress.org since it gives you more control over your website and can be monetized easily.
However, there are many platforms available online, some of which are listed below:
For different needs, there are different blogging platforms. Pick accordingly!
3. PICKING THE RIGHT LOOK AND FEEL
Users do not spend more than 3 seconds if the look and feel of the webpage are not GREAT! Hence for you to glue your readers in the very first moment you need to select a good theme or template for your blog site.
While choosing a theme for your website keep these things in mind:
- How do you want your homepage? More of text, visuals, or podcasts.
- If you are choosing a free theme then are you getting 24-Hour support to resolve issues?
- Is the theme bulky or lightweight that loads easily?
- Does the theme support the plugins you might need?
- Is the theme SEO-friendly?
- Is the theme trendy or looks outdated?
- Can you make the theme memorable by adding unique elements (flexible customization)?
- How many videos do you want to put per blog?
We recommend you add more videos to your blogs as medical professionals claim that watching videos is a great mood-uplifter for people suffering from mental disorders.
Let us give you an interesting example:
“Watching videos about people talking [about] their anxiety on YouTube is a net positive,” mental health advocate and anxiety sufferer Ashley Womble said. “It can make people feel less alone and encourage them to take action to deal with their mental health issue.”
Therefore if you put videos on YouTube and then integrate it within your blog you will not only be able to solve health issues more effectively but also connect with your blog readers on a deeper level.
Figure out what your objective is and choose a theme accordingly.
Click to explore Mental Health Blog Themes.
4. SELECT THE DOMAIN NAME
Picking up a good domain name is an essential step to building a great website.
You can either choose a free domain name provided by the blogging platform or buy one.
We recommend you choose a paid domain name since it looks more professional. A free domain name comes with branding. For example, all free domain names on WordPress end with “ wordpress.com” making it look a little cheap.
A good domain name has certain qualities:
- Short and Sweet
- Makes Sense To Your Brand
- Crafted Keeping The Target Audience In Mind
- Easy To Pronounce
- Contains Your Name If You Are Popular
Since domain names get sold out really quickly. You need to check if it is available online and not taken by other brands.
Click here to know the availability.
Much like a storefront door, a good domain name attracts customers to your website, choose wisely!
5. DRAFT YOUR CONTENT
Now that you have finished your technical setup. It is time you show some creativity! Draft your content to attract visitors.
You need to find a balance between writing content to solve the problems of your readers and promoting your services.
As they say and say it correctly If your stories are all about your products and services, that’s not storytelling. It’s a brochure. Permit yourself to make the story bigger.
You need to make your content solution-oriented and easy to decode at the same time with less promotion.
We will give you 6 Tips on How to Draft Striking Content:
TIP 1: BE CREATIVE
Get creative with your posts and layout. Think of ways you can make your content eye-catchy. One can be including your life experiences making the content more relatable. People suffering from mental disorders feel they are not alone after reading stories of other patients.
TIP 2: MAKE IT INTERESTING
Put more pictures, videos, and create podcasts to connect with your blog audience. Nobody likes black and white text blocks.
TIP 3: SOLUTION-ORIENTED APPROACH
People will land on your blogs to seek solutions to their problems. So make sure you do not disappoint them. Make your content solution-oriented and not about yourself. Always remember if your visitors are happy, you will be happy!
TIP 4: DO NOT OVER PROMOTE
While promotion is necessary for brand positioning but overdoing it will bounce off your audience. With so much awareness people are smart enough to know when you are trying to promote yourself and when you are helping them.
TIP 5: DO NOT GIVE YOUR VISITORS A TOUGH TIME
Make your content easy to understand. This will widen your reach and hence attract more visitors.
Use simple language and clear formatting. Make your content skimmable so that they do not have to spend time decoding different parts.
You can do this by adding whitespaces, various headings, and subheadings
TIP 6: TRIGGER EMOTIONS
If people are going to relate more to your content, they will come back again and again. This is what you want, isn’t it?
The simple way to do this is by triggering emotions in your readers. You can do this by writing a relatable piece, putting intriguing images or titles in your post, or even presenting your content in story form.
Follow these tips while drafting your content and you will be happy to know the results 😀
6. PROMOTE YOUR BLOG
As Gary Vaynerchuk says “Content is king, but marketing is queen and runs the household.”.
So if you need to attract more prospects you need to promote your content effectively.
Let’s get you started!
4 WAYS TO PROMOTE YOUR MENTAL FITNESS BLOGS
1. SOCIAL MEDIA
Social media is an already built community of people for you to tap on.
It is probably the most effective way of promotion in today’s time where millions of people are active on various social media channels.
WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube are some platforms that you can use to promote your blogs online.
While promoting your blog keep a few things in mind:
- Add Intriguing visuals (images and videos)
- Put Intriguing titles that work like clickbait.
- Post your blogs on groups and ask people to share them.
- Share it with your family and friends and ask them to forward it.
- Ask for CTAS, one example is, directly asking people to share, like, and comment. This increases blog engagement.
- Following SEO tactics to rank your content
Follow these tips to grow your engagement and let us know what worked best for you.
`2. MAKE SHARING EASY
If you want your visitors to share your content and hence increase engagement then the most obvious way to do so is by “adding shareable icons” with EVERY blog post.
Nobody is going to take pains to share your post so you need to make sharing ‘EASY’ for them.
Adding sharing functionalities like social media icons or click-to-tweet feature is a great way to do so.
You can experiment with different sizes and potions to include your icons and see what works best for you.
3. ADD TESTIMONIALS
If you are into proving your services also then adding testimonials to your site is a great option.
Testimonials are a great way to boost:
- Customer Trust
You can also ask your customers to talk about you on their page which will increase your number of backlinks and brand credibility.
4. PUBLIC SPEAKING
Attending public events and talking about topics related to your niche is a great to promote yourself and your work at the same time. This will also project you as a domain expert.
One great way of doing this is in college or school seminars.
7. MAKE MONEY THROUGH BLOGGING
Ultimately, every blogger aims to earn money and make it a big hit. You make money through various means. Some of these are given below:
1. AFFILIATE MARKETING
Affiliate Marketing is the form of marketing in which you promote retailers’ products or services on your page and earn a commission through it.
We recommend you choose quality affiliates since your reputation will depend on the affiliates you promote.
Additionally, you can also sign up for some Affiliate Programs.
Newsletters are a lucrative way of attracting more leads and earning money.
Consider the following statistics:
- There are 4 billion daily email users.
- 37% of brands are increasing their email budget.
- A majority of marketers using email leverage mobile-friendly emails as part of their marketing strategy.
- Subscriber segmentation is the most effective email marketing campaign strategy.
- 33% of marketers send weekly emails and 26% send emails multiple times per month.
- 77% of marketers have seen an increase in email engagement over the last 12 months.
- Smartphone users prefer to receive brand communications via email.
Aren’t these some enticing numbers?
Create Newsletters and keep reminding your readers about your brand.
3. PRODUCT OFFERINGS
Apart from blog offerings, you can offer various other products or services to your blog readers to generate income.
Let us give you some examples:
- You can convert your blog teachings into e-books or books and sell them online. This will increase revenue sources without much effort.
- Various mental wellness programs with a monthly subscription model.
- Exclusive reading and watching materials for your subscribers. You can give a monthly subscription to interested readers.
This way you will open up a new scope of revenue and attract new prospects.
4. GOOGLE ADSENSE
This is the most common method of making money online.
You just need to create an account on Google AdSense and leave space on your website for advertisers.
Google will recommend ads matching your niche and you can choose from them. After you have put ads on your website, you will start getting paid whenever anyone views it.
However, there is a catch!
Your earnings start to come after you have made Dollar 100.
These were some of the many effective ways to earn through blogging. Follow our tips and increase your earnings to manifolds! Try and let us know.
Mental Fitness is as important as Physical Fitness creating a need for Mental Fitness Blogs. Some so many people want to start a mental fitness blog but aren’t sure of the steps they need to take to kick-start it.
Fortunately, in this article, we have discussed 7 Easy Steps To Start A Mental Fitness Blog. Let me walk you through them briefly.
1. DECIDE YOUR NICHE
With so many options available online choose a niche that you are passionate about.
2. CHOOSE A BLOGGING PLATFORM
Blogging platforms are either self-hosted or hosted open-source software. Pick what matches your requirements to initiate the technical setup for blogging.
3. DECIDE ON A TEMPLATE OR THEME
your site is imperative.
4. NAME YOUR SITE
You need to pick a domain name that attracts visitors to your site. This is going to be the face of your brand.
5. PREPARE CONTENT
This step is what you are best at. You need to prepare striking content for your website/blogs to attract visitors.
6. PROMOTE YOUR BLOGS
After you have set up your website and launched your blogs. It is time you start promoting them. You can use various methods like adding shareable icons, social media, public speaking, and adding testimonials.
7. MAKE MONEY
Ultimately, every blogger aims to earn money. You can earn a substantial amount of money through various revenue streams like Affiliate Marketing, Google AdSense, Product Offerings, and Newsletters.
We hope we were able to simply Mental Health Blogging for you. Did you like our post? Comment on your favorite tip discussed so far. We would also love to know what motivates you to become a blogger. Stay tuned for some exciting content. See You.