Are you an educator who wants to explore more revenue options? Are you passionate about educating others? Do you want to write about education and make a difference?
If yes, then why don’t you consider starting an education blog? If you don’t know what it is or how to start one. Do not worry! We are here to help you.
This guide is fully meant to guide you to become a successful Education Blogger.
Here in this content, we are going to run you through various topics like:
- What is an Education Blog?
- Steps to starting your Education Blog
- How to monetize your Education blogs
Are you ready? Let’s begin!
WHAT IS AN EDUCATION BLOG?
Education blogs can be anything from online tutorials to educational news, job openings, online courses, and many more. The aim is to spread education/ educational awareness to as many people as possible.
Education is directly related to the prosperity of any country which clearly tells us ‘Education’ as a niche is undying and promising at the same time. Statistically, The global educational services market size is expected to grow from $2882.52 billion in 2021 to $3191.79 billion in 2022 at a compound annual growth rate of 10.7%.
Educational Bloggers earn big money if they follow the correct path to success. Before we walk you through this path, here is a list of top successful Educational Blogs to inspire you.
1. INSIDE HIGHER ED
As the name suggests Inside Higher Ed is a blog totally dedicated to providing analysis, solutions, and the latest news for the higher education community. The aim of creators is to serve as many higher education individuals, institutions, corporations, and non-profits as possible.
They have some unique content like How to Recruit Minority Students or Why Higher Ed Needs Leaders With Disabilities.
2. THE LEARNING NETWORK
The Learning Network is an education blog under the New York Times. The main target of the blogs is teachers, parents, and students who are looking for teaching materials. They have a pool of lesson plans, writing prompts, contests, quizzes, etc for anybody older than 3 years.
Some interesting articles include Teaching About the Battle Over What Students Should Learn, and What Students Are Saying About the Growing Fight Over What Young People Can Read
Edutopia promotes K-12 education to all students enabling them to acquire the necessary skills to thrive in their studies, career, and adult life. This blog is created by George Lucas who is an award-winning filmmaker. The blog has a collection of Integrated study materials, assessments, Social and Emotional Learning resources, and many other informational things.
Some interesting articles include Having Students Learn by Teaching, and 4 Steps To Build Schoolwide Capacity Science of Learning.
4. CLASSROOM 2.0
Classroom 2.0 is a blog specially meant for anybody interested in Web 2.0, Social Media, and other Participative Activities in the classroom.
With over 85,000 members from 200 countries, this blog site encourages its visitors to participate in great discussions and connect with each other. The blog’s ” Learning Revolution” section with over 19000 members focuses on the future of teaching and learning for schools, students, parents, teachers, librarians, and others.
5. TEACHER TUBE
Teacher Tube is an educational video resource for college, high school, middle school, and elementary school. Science, Math, History, Social Studies, Language Arts, kids educational songs, and many more interesting subjects can be found on this website. They have a set of audio, videos, and photos to help readers with their curriculum.
Now, that you have an idea about various education blogs available on the internet. We will walk through a step-by-step guide to starting your own.
HOW TO START AN EDUCATION BLOG? (8 EASY TIPS)
1. PICK AN EDUCATION NICHE
The first step to starting your education blog is choosing an education niche and a blog audience. This will require a lot of research, preparation, and planning.
It is impossible to start a successful blog without having a clear focus. In fact, the more specific your niche is, the more the chances of success.
Additionally, writing blogs about a specific niche allows you to project yourself as a master at your work, attracts a serious audience, and better the chances of earning good revenues.
While picking a blog niche, you need to ask the following questions to yourself:
- What type of Educational topics interests me?
- What level of experience do I have in the particular niche?
- Can I modify the niche in the future without changing my target audience?
- What is your main goal?
- Is it something people are looking for?
To assist you in selecting a niche, we have made a list of a few education niches for you to consider.
LIST OF EDUCATION NICHES
- Presentation Hacks
- Online Learning
- Adult Learning
- Virtual Degree Programs
- Distance Learning
- Studying Hacks
- Graduation Courses
- Music Education
- Math, Geometry, Calculus, and Statistics
- English Literature
- Language Lessons
- Student Saving Tips
- School Activities
- Class Management
- New Job Openings
- Government Job Openings
- Student lifestyle
- Study Guides
- Tests and Quizzes
- Vacation Jobs
- Revision Resource
- Essay Writing and many more
Here are a few final tips to keep in mind before you finalize your niche:
- Analyze your competition
- Don’t dive in without doing proper research.
- The idea is to give what your readers want. Therefore, you need to ensure that your niche meets the needs of your target audience.
- Check for all the Monetization opportunities available.
- Pick a niche you are driven about since you do not want to get bored and quit in the long run.
- See if it is trending amongst your target audience. Trending niches are most likely to give better results.
Have you chosen a niche? Congratulations! You have completed the first milestone.
2 PICK A BLOGGING PLATFORM AND HOSTING
Choosing the right blogging platform and hosting provider is a crucial step in launching an education blog. Here’s what you need to know to make an informed decision:
There are a variety of blogging platforms available to choose from, each with its own set of features and benefits. Here are some popular blogging platforms for education blogs:
- WordPress: WordPress is one of the most popular blogging platforms, and for good reason. It’s user-friendly, customizable, and has a massive community of developers and users who can help with any questions or issues. WordPress is also free to use, although you’ll need to pay for hosting.
- Blogger: Blogger is another popular blogging platform that is owned by Google. It’s easy to use and requires no technical knowledge, making it a great option for beginners. However, it has fewer features than WordPress and may not be as customizable.
- Wix: Wix is a website builder that also offers a blogging platform. It’s easy to use and offers a variety of design templates to choose from. However, it has fewer features than WordPress and may not be as SEO-friendly.
Hosting is the service that allows your blog to be accessible on the internet. There are various hosting providers to choose from, each with its own set of features and pricing. Here are some popular hosting providers for education blogs:
- Bluehost: Bluehost is a popular hosting provider that is recommended by WordPress. It offers affordable pricing, reliable uptime, and good customer support.
- SiteGround: SiteGround is a popular hosting provider that is known for its fast loading speeds and excellent customer support. It’s a bit more expensive than Bluehost, but it offers more advanced features.
- HostGator: HostGator is another popular hosting provider that offers affordable pricing and good customer support. It’s a good option for beginners who are just starting out with their blog.
When choosing a hosting provider, it’s important to consider factors such as pricing, uptime, customer support, and features. Make sure to read reviews and compare the different options to find the best fit.
3 NAME YOUR WEBSITE
Just as when a baby is born, you research and choose a name for him/her. Similarly, you need to pick a name for your blogging site before launching it. A unique domain name helps you stand out and attract visitors.
Are you confused about choosing the right domain? Here are a few characteristics of an ideal domain to inspire you.
CHARACTERISTICS OF AN IDEAL DOMAIN NAME
- Easy To Spell
- Does not /have Hyphens and Numbers
- Uses the Right Extension ( .net, .org,.com, etc)
- Easy to Speak
- Represents The Brand
- Copyright Free
- Contains Keywords
Before you finalize a domain name for your brand, you will have to check for its availability online. Is it available? Congratulations! If not you can use various naming tools to help you with your selection.
4. SELECT A THEME AND DESIGN YOUR WEBSITE
Designing a blog website involves selecting a theme that fits your niche and audience, customizing the theme to reflect your brand, and adding additional features such as a navigation menu, widgets, and plugins. Make sure your blog is mobile-friendly and easy to navigate. By following these steps, you can create a professional and engaging blog website that will attract and retain readers.
TIPS TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT THEME
- Choose a theme: The theme is the overall look and feel of your blog. Most blogging platforms offer a range of free and paid themes to choose from. Consider your blog’s niche and audience when selecting a theme. For example, if you’re running an education blog, you might want to choose a theme with a clean and professional look that is easy to navigate.
- Customize your theme: Once you’ve chosen a theme, it’s time to customize it to fit your brand and style. Most themes offer customization options such as changing the colors, fonts, and layout. Make sure to choose colors and fonts that are easy to read and complement your brand.
- Create a logo: A logo is a symbol or image that represents your brand. It’s important to have a logo that is recognizable and reflects the values of your blog. You can create a logo using a free online logo maker or hire a professional designer.
- Create a navigation menu: The navigation menu is the menu that appears at the top of your blog. It allows your readers to easily navigate your blog and find the information they’re looking for. Make sure to include important pages such as your About page, Contact page, and categories.
- Add widgets and plugins: Widgets and plugins are small programs that add extra functionality to your blog. For example, you might want to add a social media widget to allow readers to easily follow you on social media or a plugin that adds a contact form to your Contact page.
- Make your blog mobile-friendly: More and more people are accessing the internet on their mobile devices, so it’s important to make sure your blog is mobile-friendly. Make sure your theme is responsive, meaning it adjusts to the size of the screen, and test your blog on different devices to ensure it looks and functions well.
5. DESIGN YOUR UNIQUE BRAND ELEMENTS
There are thousands of Education blogs available on the web. So, now the question is- “How can you stand out from these?”
The simple answer is- Strong Branding.
Branding helps you give your brand a unique identity and hence differentiates your brand amongst your competitors giving you a competitive edge in the marketplace. Additionally, strong branding helps you gain the trust of your readers making it easy for you to launch and test new products/services.
TIPS FOR AN EFFECTIVE BRANDING
USE A UNIQUE BRAND LOGO
For any brand or business, a unique logo is of utmost importance while branding. Why? Because it helps you create your own identity, grabs user attention, makes the first impression, communicates your brand values, and fosters your brand loyalty.
If you do not know design. You can hire a professional graphic designer to help your vision come to life. We suggest you pay extra attention to this step since a logo will represent the face of your brand.
There are so many blog sites that use varied designs for different pages. This makes their websites look very confusing and hinders the user experience. Your users should know when they are on your website and when not. For this, you must use a consistent design theme across all the web pages and make it look cohesive.
To give your users a consistently seamless experience you need to find your writing style and STICK TO IT. This makes people relate to your blogs on a deeper level and appreciate you.
Also, How often will you post? Weekly, daily, monthly? Figure this frequency and follow it like a Bible. Your readers should know when to expect a post from you.
Lastly, do not go off your niche and post something that is not related to your previous posts. This will create confusion among your blog audience hampering their user experience.
As there are a lot of blogs on education available on the web, if somebody lands on your page, he definitely is expecting to read something ‘different’. Do not mix with the blogs already available, discover something unique that can set you apart. Figure out your strengths or USPS and focus on them.
Always Remember: UNIQUE = MEMORABLE= WORTHY
6. PREPARE YOUR CONTENT
Creating a blog provides the freedom to express your ideas, showcase your knowledge, and establish a readership that appreciates your content. However, it is not a simple task, as crafting a successful blog post requires significant effort. Therefore, we have compiled a few suggestions to help you effectively plan your content.
TIPS TO PLAN YOUR CONTENT
The primary objective when writing a blog is to produce content that resonates with your audience. Therefore, it is crucial to research the topics that are relevant to them. There are several ways to do this, including utilizing keyword research tools like Semrush, or online forums such as Quora or Reddit. These platforms can provide insights into what is currently trending and what is not. Additionally, you can gain inspiration from your competitors by examining the topics they cover. To ensure a consistent flow of content, it’s advisable to create a list of topics to cover for at least a month before beginning to publish your blogs.
AN IRRESISTIBLE HEADLINE
To enable readers to find your blogs and read them you need to write catchy headlines. Always choose a headline that tells your readers what to expect in the post and does not misguide them. Also, you can write a headline that triggers an emotion in the reader, for example, “Suicide of a Hacker”, “You will never get a job, if you do this”, etc.
CHOOSE EVERGREEN TOPICS
Unlike trendy topics, evergreen topics are those which never age with time. They somehow manage to attract readers irrespective of the time posted. For example, Basic rules of teaching, qualities of a good teacher, etc. Everything can change but the basics rarely do. We recommend you mix and match trending topics with timeless ones to generate the desired results
ADD RELEVANT MEDIA
If you only write texts, your blog will become boring and result in people bouncing off. To prevent this you need to add engaging videos, good-quality pictures, podcasts, and content ( sometimes) wherever needed. The goal is to keep your audience staying for as long as possible.
DO NOT FORGET THE LEGAL PAGES
While drafting your web pages do not forget to work on your legal pages including terms and conditions, cookies, privacy, and policy.
ABOUT US PAGE
There are so many blogs with an amazing home page but devoid of an About Us Page. Even if they have, this page isn’t great! You need to take care of this. If any visitor has managed to come to your About Us page, he is most likely interested in our brand and wants to know more. This is exactly where you need to grab his attention and convert him. Write a clear About Us Page with fewer texts, put CTAs, and add your image if possible. This will help your readers relate more.
7. PROMOTE YOUR BLOGS
Without promotion all your efforts are futile. Yes! To attract people to your blogs it is important to promote the blog.
To help you with this we have listed a few ways to promote your brands.
DIFFERENT STRATEGIES FOR PROMOTION
- Sell digital products like e-books, magazines, online courses, etc to open up various revenue resources and promote your site consecutively
- You can also sell physical products like mugs, T-shirts, shirts, etc with your branding
- Share your blogs on friends and family groups and ask them to further share them with their contacts
- Do Guest blogging for similar brands and ask for a shoutout.
- Connect with your blog audience through emails, comments, and social media to strengthen your bond. Keep this in mind- The more you are loved, the better it is.
- Take up Freelance writing projects to earn a fixed revenue
- Conduct interviews with famous personalities to divert their audience onto your site
- Use online forums like Quora to answer different queries and link down your website at the end. If readers appreciate your answer they will possibly visit your website increasing your site traffic
- Use various Social Media groups that match your niche since they have the right kind of audience already that you are looking for
- Add sharing icons in all your blogs to help people share the content easily
- Use On-page and off-page SEO tactics to optimize your content as per Google
Different methods will be effective for different brands. So we recommend you experiment with these and find your best fit!
8 MAKE MONEY
There are several unique ways to monetize an education blog. Here are a few ideas:
- Create and sell educational products: As an education blogger, you can create and sell educational products such as e-books, lesson plans, study guides, or even online courses. These products can be sold directly through your blog or through online marketplaces such as Amazon or Udemy.
- Affiliate marketing: Affiliate marketing is a process in which you promote products or services on your blog and earn a commission on any resulting sales. For example, if you run an education blog, you could promote educational tools and resources that you personally use and recommend to your readers.
- Paid content: Sponsored content is a type of advertising in which a company pays you to create content that promotes its product or service. As an education blogger, you could partner with companies that offer educational products or services and create sponsored content that promotes their offerings.
- Advertising: You can sell advertising space on your blog to generate revenue. This can include display ads, sponsored posts, or even sponsored product reviews.
- Freelance writing: If you have expertise in a particular area of education, you could offer freelance writing services to other education blogs, websites, or publications.
And there you have it, folks! We hope this guide has helped you get started on your journey towards becoming a tech review blogger. Remember, the key is to stay passionate, curious, and always ready to learn and share your knowledge with the world. With determination and hard work, you can grow your blog into a trusted source of information and a go-to destination for tech enthusiasts. So, go ahead and take that first step. Who knows, your blog may just be the next big thing in the tech world! Good luck!