Do you want to start an event blog?
Are you looking out for ways to make money through event blogging?
Do like to write about events and share them with the public?
If yes, then you are at the correct place.
Event Blogging is all about covering important events, important festivals, or special days like Black Friday in your blog posts and generating revenue. It can be considered “micro niche blogging” since it covers specific events or subjects and generates revenue in a short period. Unlike other kinds of blogging which gets you money after putting in lots of effort for a longer time.
You just have to work for a month or so to earn income. However, there is a lot of competition available online which makes it tough for the event bloggers to stand out. Therefore, we have devised a simple step-by-step strategy for you to become an event blogger and earn money through it.
Let’s delve into the following topics in this blog post:
- The top 7 event blogs
- 8 simple steps for starting your own event blog
- Methods for earning money through event blogging
Are you prepared? Let’s get started!
TOP 7 EVENT BLOGS
BizBash is a creative event blog that is meant to cater to everyone’s needs. From event planners looking for event inspirations or technology, users looking for event trends, or visitors looking for venue inspiration and supplier information this blog has it all. They also have magazines for readers to binge on and interesting podcasts to engage their visitors. This blog is indeed a perfect blend of information with entertainment. Do you want to know more? Click to read.
2. Skift Meetings
Skift Meetings is an interesting event blog that aims at guiding global meetings and event professionals about innovations in the event industry. This blog is the go-to online resource for trends, technology, innovation, and education for the event industry. It also consists of a section dedicated to event cloud reviews to engage its readers.
Do you want to know more? Click to read.
3. Event Marketer
Event Marketer is for all those users who are looking for the latest event technology and some real-life examples to level up their upcoming events. They have put up the latest case studies by big companies like Coke or HBO for their readers to find some inspiration. No matter what your event type or audience is this blog is made for all.
Do you want to know more? Click to read.
4. Meeting professionals International or MPI
Meeting professionals International or MPI aims to lead and empower an inclusive meeting and event community to change the world. This blog is the go-to option for anybody who is looking for event inspiration and industry news. Additionally, MPI focuses on educating its readers through various programs and education bundles available on its site. Do you want to know more? Click to read.
5. Event Tech Brief
Event tech Brief is not fully a blog but the author sends weekly newsletters to its audience featuring event-related subjects dedicated to event professionals. The author provides helpful information to organize industry events, international meetings, trade shows, festivals, conferences, and many more. Do you want to know more? Click to read.
6. Meeting Pool
The Meeting Pool provides its readers with updated event technology to boost their event game. They have a team of event tech experts and marketers to help organize events in person or virtually. You can find a lot of things on this website including event services, event technology, and a guide to planning various types of events.
Do you want to know more? Click to read.
Techsytalk is a perfect blend of technology and events. The goal of this blog is to bridge the gap between technology and event planners. The blogger also has a podcast named “Event Husler Show” to interview big event leaders and give her audience some inspiration. How cool is this? Do you want to know more? Click to read.
After going through these blogs, you must have gained knowledge about the different types of Event Blogs that exist on the internet. Are you ready to create one for yourself now? Let’s begin.ss
8 EASY STEPS TO STARTING YOUR EVENT BLOG
1. PICK AN AIM AND THE TARGET AUDIENCE
When picking an aim and target audience for your event blog, there are a few key factors to consider:
- Identify your goals: Before starting your event blog, you need to identify the purpose of your blog. Is it to promote a specific event, share information about various events, or provide event planning tips and advice? Understanding your goals will help you to determine the type of content to create and the target audience to focus on.
- Define your target audience: Determine who your ideal reader is. This includes identifying their age, gender, interests, profession, and other relevant factors. Understanding your target audience will help you to create content that resonates with them.
- Research your market: Conduct market research to find out what other event blogs are offering and what is missing. Look for gaps that you can fill and identify your unique selling point. This will help you to stand out from the competition.
- Create buyer personas: Once you have defined your target audience, create buyer personas that represent your ideal reader. This will help you to understand their needs, interests, and pain points, and create content that addresses them.
- Set realistic targets: Set achievable targets for your blog. This includes goals such as the number of followers, website traffic, and engagement levels. Setting targets will help you to track your progress and adjust your strategy accordingly.
While searching for a niche for your blog, multiple niche options are available on the web which can be confusing Therefore, we have a list of a few trending niches to give you some inspiration:
SOME EVENT BLOG NICHES
- Business Events
- Holidays like Christmas, New Year, Diwali, etc
- Special Company launches like iPhone, Cars, Black Friday, etc
- Sports like IPL, World Cup, Olympic, FIFA World Cup, etc
- Event Technology
- Trade Shows
- Education about the Event Industry
- Event Planning Guide
- Event Marketing
- Venue inspiration
- Latest Event Trends and many more
Pro Tip: Switching niches later can be confusing for your audience and requires a lot of effort. It’s important to research and choose a niche that is both interesting to you and has a sizeable audience. This will help to ensure that you have a sustainable and engaged audience that will appreciate your content.
2. GET TECHIE
Choosing a blogging platform, hosting provider, and CMS are some technical steps in creating an event blog. Take the time to research and choose the best options that suit your needs and budget. Here are these steps in detail for you to go through:
Choosing a Blogging Platform
The first step in creating an event blog is to choose a blogging platform. The most popular platforms are WordPress, Blogger, and Wix. WordPress is the most popular and widely used platform, and it is free to use. It also offers a wide range of customization options and plugins. If you’re just starting out, WordPress is a great option. However, if you’re looking for a simpler platform, you might prefer Blogger or Wix. Want to explore more? Click here to see The Best Blogging Platforms for Event Blogs.
Choosing a Hosting Provider
After selecting your blogging platform, the next step is to choose a hosting provider. A hosting provider is a company that provides the server space where your blog will be stored. When choosing a hosting provider, consider the following factors:
- Price: Hosting providers offer different pricing plans. Choose a plan that fits your budget.
- Reliability: Your hosting provider should offer reliable uptime and fast loading times.
- Customer support: Choose a hosting provider that offers good customer support. They should be available to help you troubleshoot any issues you may encounter.
- Features: Look for hosting providers that offer features such as website backups, website security, and website analytics.
Installing a CMS
Once you have selected your blogging platform and hosting provider, the next step is to install a content management system (CMS). A CMS allows you to create and manage your blog content easily. Here are the steps to install WordPress on your hosting provider:
- Log in to your hosting provider’s control panel and locate the “Install WordPress” icon.
- Click the “Install WordPress” icon and follow the installation prompts.
- After the installation is complete, log in to your WordPress dashboard and customize your blog’s settings, theme, and plugins.
If you have chosen a different blogging platform, the installation process may differ. However, the process is generally straightforward and can be done by following the installation prompts provided by your chosen platform.
3. CREATE A BRAND
In a sea of Event Blogs available online, it’s important to differentiate yourself from the rest. This is where building a unique brand comes into play. Establishing a brand involves selecting a logo, formatting style, font face, tone, and other elements such as the use of text, photos, videos, or podcasts. This requires careful consideration of all these components to create a cohesive and distinctive brand.
Each brand has a unique essence that sets it apart from others. It’s essential that users recognize your brand on various platforms such as social media.
For example, think of Domino’s Pizza; the brand remains consistent across online and offline platforms. Maintaining brand consistency is crucial to establish and reinforcing your brand’s identity and making it memorable.
While you can draw inspiration from your competitors, it’s essential to avoid copying them. Instead, try to develop your unique brand elements to make it stand out from the rest. Remember, creating a brand is a process, and it takes time, patience, and persistence to establish a brand that resonates with your audience.
4. CHOOSE A DOMAIN NAME
When choosing a domain name for your event blog, it’s essential to select a name that’s easy to remember, unique, and relevant to your niche. A domain name is the website’s address that users will type in their browsers to access your website. Here are some tips to help you choose a domain name:
- A short and simple domain name is easy to remember and type.
- Your domain name should relate to your event blog’s content and niche.
- Your domain name should be distinctive, so it’s easy to remember and stands out from other similar blogs.
- Hyphens and numbers can make it difficult for users to remember your domain name.
- You can use relevant keywords in your domain name to make it more discoverable by search engines.
- Use a domain name extension appropriate to your blog’s niche.
Examples of Domain Names for Event Blogs
Here are some examples of domain names for event blogs:
Do you have a domain name, already? Go, check its availability.
5. CHOOSE A WEBSITE THEME
A theme is a customizable template designed to suit your business requirements. A well-designed theme has the potential to captivate visitors at the first glance, leaving a lasting impression.
To provide users with a seamless browsing experience, it’s crucial to select the right template for your website. Popular blogging platforms such as WordPress and Wix offer numerous templates that you can customize to your liking. Some editors even provide drag-and-drop functionality, simplifying the customization process.
When selecting a theme, there are a few key considerations to keep in mind:
- See if you have customer support to resolve queries
- Pick a theme that supports SEO functionalities.
- Check for all customization provided by the theme
- See if it provided you with important plugins
- The layout of your Homepage and About Us Page (most important pages).
- Plan how many visual elements you want to put
- Check if it works well with different devices and browsers that is, responsiveness.
6. PLAN THE CONTENT
After completing all the technical setups, it’s time to focus on your core strength. Can you guess what it is? That’s right – planning your content.
A website without content is meaningless, so it’s essential to plan the content for various web pages, including the home page, about us, contact, blogs, and more.
As the saying goes, the first impression is the last impression, and it takes only about 0.05 milliseconds for users to form an opinion about your website. This initial impression will determine whether they like your site, stay, or leave.
When creating content for your website, keep the following points in mind:
- Add videos, podcasts, and pictures to engage with your blog audience.
- Find your USP and market it well to give users something memorable.
- Make your content skimmable and easy to read.
- Launch your magazines or ebooks this will project you as an expert in your domain.
- Optimize your content as per Google to boost your ranking.
Go ahead! Draft unique content for the website to attract visitors.
7. PROMOTION IS IMPORTANT
There are many unique ways to promote an event blog. Here are some effective strategies:
- Leverage Social Media: Share your blog posts and event updates on different social media platforms. Utilize targeted ads, user-generated content, and social media influencers to reach a wider audience.
- Host Contests: Conduct contests and offer rewards to the winners. This will engage the users and help in building a community around your blog.
- Email Marketing: Build a mailing list of subscribers and send out newsletters and promotional emails to promote your event blog.
- Collaborate with Other Bloggers: Work with other bloggers in your niche to promote your event blog through guest posts, interviews, and collaborations.
- Attend Events: Attend events related to your niche and network with people. This will help you to get more visibility and attract potential readers.
- Use Video Marketing: Use videos to promote your event blog. Create engaging and informative video content that can be shared on various platforms such as YouTube, Vimeo, and social media.
- Publish Infographics: Publish infographics related to your event niche. Infographics are visually appealing and easy to understand, which makes them more shareable on social media.
- Participate in Online Forums: Join online forums related to your event niche and contribute to the discussions. This will help in building authority and gaining more visibility.
- SEO: Keyword research, meta tags, optimizing content with internal and external links, and maintaining a user-friendly website structure are some of the key SEO factors that can help in promoting your event blog. By optimizing your blog for search engines, you can attract more organic traffic and increase your blog’s overall visibility.
In conclusion, by using these unique ways to promote your event blog, you can attract more readers and build a loyal community around your blog.
8. START MAKING MONEY
There are multiple ways to monetize your blogs. Do not use all of them at once rather experiment and see what works the best for you.
There are many creative ways to monetize an event blog. Here are some effective strategies:
- Sponsored Content: Partner with companies and organizations in your niche to publish sponsored content on your blog. This can include reviews, interviews, or blog posts that highlight the sponsor’s product or service.
- Affiliate Marketing: Promote products or services related to your event niche through affiliate marketing.
- Display Advertising: Sell ad space on your blog to advertisers. Use display ads to promote products and services related to your niche. This can include banner ads, sidebar ads, or in-content ads.
- Sell Event Tickets: Sell tickets to events related to your niche. You can partner with event organizers and sell tickets directly on your blog. This is an effective way to earn revenue while promoting events to your readers.
- Membership Programs: Offer premium content, courses, and access to exclusive events in exchange for a monthly or yearly subscription fee. This is an effective way to monetize your blog while building a loyal community of readers.
- Consulting Services: Use your expertise in your event niche to offer consulting services to your readers. This can include event planning, marketing, or content creation services.
- E-commerce: Sell products related to your niche on your blog. This can include physical or digital products such as books, merchandise, or courses.
Starting an event blog may seem like a daunting task, but with the right approach and mindset, it can be a fulfilling and rewarding experience. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can create a unique and engaging blog that will attract readers and provide value to your community. Remember to choose a niche carefully, build a unique brand, and plan your content effectively. Promote your blog using a variety of creative strategies and monetize it in ways that align with your goals and values. With dedication, passion, and a willingness to learn, you can create a successful blog that inspires, educates, and entertains your readers. So what are you waiting for? Start your event blog today and unleash your creativity and imagination!