Do you want to start an event blog?
Are you looking out for ways to make money through event blogging?
Do you like to write about events and share them with the public?
If yes, then you are at the correct place.
Event Blogging is about covering important events, festivals, or special days like Black Friday in your blog posts and generating revenue. It can be considered “micro niche blogging” since it covers specific events or subjects and generates revenue quickly, unlike other kinds of blogging, which gets you money after putting in lots of effort for a longer time.
You just have to work for a month or so to earn income. However, there is a lot of online competition, making it tough for event bloggers to stand out. Therefore, we have devised a simple step-by-step strategy for you to become an event blogger and earn money through it.
Let’s delve into the following topics in this blog post:
- The top 7 event blogs
- 8 simple steps for starting your own event blog
- Methods for earning money through event blogging
Are you prepared? Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
TOP 7 EVENT BLOGS
BizBash is a creative event blog meant to cater to everyone’s needs. This blog has everything from event planners looking for event inspirations or technology, users looking for event trends, or visitors looking for venue inspiration and supplier information. They also have magazines for readers to binge on and interesting podcasts to engage their visitors. This blog is indeed a perfect blend of information with entertainment. Do you want to know more?
2. Skift Meetings
Skift Meetings is an interesting event blog that aims to guide global meetings and event professionals about innovations in the event industry. This blog is the go-to online resource for trends, technology, innovation, and education for the event industry. It also includes a section dedicated to event cloud reviews to engage readers.
3. Event Marketer
Event Marketer is for all users looking for the latest event technology and some real-life examples to level up their upcoming events. They have published the latest case studies by big companies like Coke or HBO for their readers to find inspiration. This blog is made for all, regardless of your event type or audience.
4. Meeting professionals International or MPI
Meeting Professionals International, or MPI, aims to lead and empower an inclusive meeting and event community to change the world. This blog is the go-to option for anybody who is looking for event inspiration and industry news. Additionally, MPI focuses on educating its readers through various programs and education bundles on its site.
5. Event Tech Brief
Event Tech Brief is not fully a blog, but the author sends weekly newsletters to its audience featuring event-related subjects dedicated to event professionals. The author provides helpful information to organize industry events, international meetings, trade shows, festivals, and conferences. Do you want to know more?
6. Meeting Pool
The Meeting Pool provides its readers with updated event technology to boost their game. They have a team of event tech experts and marketers to help organize events in person or virtually. You can find many things on this website, including event services, event technology, and a guide to planning various events.
Techsytalk is a perfect blend of technology and events. This blog aims to bridge the gap between technology and event planners. The blogger also has a podcast, “Event Husler Show,” to interview big event leaders and inspire her audience. How cool is this?
After going through these blogs, you must have learned about the different types of Event Blogs on the internet. Are you ready to create one for yourself now? Let’s begin.ss
8 EASY STEPS TO STARTING YOUR EVENT BLOG
1. PICK AN AIM AND THE TARGET AUDIENCE
- Business Events
- Holidays like Christmas, New Year, Diwali, etc
- Special Company launches like iPhone, Cars, Black Friday, etc
- Sports like IPL, World Cup, Olympic, FIFA World Cup, etc
- Event Technology
- Trade Shows
- Education about the Event Industry
- Event Planning Guide
- Event Marketing
- Venue inspiration
- Latest Event Trends and many more
Pro Tip: Switching niches later can be confusing for your audience and requires a lot of effort. It’s important to research and choose a niche that is both interesting to you and has a sizeable audience. This will help to ensure that you have a sustainable and engaged audience that will appreciate your content.
2. GET TECHIE
3. CREATE A BRAND
In a sea of Event Blogs available online, it’s important to differentiate yourself. This is where building a unique brand comes into play. Establishing a brand involves selecting a logo, formatting style, font face, tone, and other elements such as text, photos, videos, or podcasts. This requires careful consideration of all these components to create a cohesive and distinctive brand.
Each brand has a unique essence that sets it apart from others. Users must recognize your brand on various platforms, such as social media.
For example, think of Domino’s Pizza; the brand remains consistent across online and offline platforms. Maintaining brand consistency is crucial to establish and reinforcing your brand’s identity and making it memorable.
While you can draw inspiration from your competitors, avoiding copying them is essential. Instead, develop your unique brand elements to make it stand out. Remember, creating a brand is a process, and it takes time, patience, and persistence to establish a brand that resonates with your audience.
4. CHOOSE A DOMAIN NAME
Do you have a domain name already? Go check its availability.
5. CHOOSE A WEBSITE THEME
A theme is a customizable template designed to suit your business requirements. A well-designed theme can potentially captivate visitors at first glance, leaving a lasting impression.
To provide users with a seamless browsing experience, selecting the right template for your website is crucial. Popular blogging platforms such as WordPress and Wix offer numerous templates that you can customize to your liking. Some editors even provide drag-and-drop functionality, simplifying the customization process.
When selecting a theme, there are a few key considerations to keep in mind:
- See if you have customer support to resolve queries
- Pick a theme that supports SEO functionalities.
- Check for all customization provided by the theme
- See if it provided you with important plugins
- The layout of your Homepage and About Us Page (most important pages).
- Plan how many visual elements you want to put
- Check if it works well with devices and browsers, such as responsiveness.
6. PLAN THE CONTENT
After completing all the technical setups, it’s time to focus on your core strength. Can you guess what it is? That’s right – planning your content.
A website without content is meaningless, so it’s essential to plan the content for various web pages, including the home page, about us, contact, blogs, and more.
As the saying goes, the first impression is the last, and it takes only about 0.05 milliseconds for users to form an opinion about your website. This initial impression will determine whether they like your site, stay, or leave.
When creating content for your website, keep the following points in mind:
- Add videos, podcasts, and pictures to engage with your blog audience.
- Find your USP and market it well to give users something memorable.
- Make your content skimmable and easy to read.
- Launch your magazines or ebooks. This will project you as an expert in your domain.
- Optimize your content as per Google to boost your ranking.
Go ahead! Draft unique content for the website to attract visitors.
7. PROMOTION IS IMPORTANT
There are many unique ways to promote an event blog. Here are some effective strategies:
- Leverage Social Media: Share your blog posts and event updates on social media platforms. Utilize targeted ads, user-generated content, and social media influencers to reach a wider audience.
- Host Contests: Conduct contests and offer rewards to the winners. This will engage the users and help build a community around your blog.
- Email Marketing: Build a mailing list of subscribers and send newsletters and promotional emails to promote your event blog.
- Collaborate with Other Bloggers: Work with other bloggers in your niche to promote your event blog through guest posts, interviews, and collaborations.
- Attend Events: Attend events related to your niche and network with people. This will help you to get more visibility and attract potential readers.
- Use Video Marketing: Use videos to promote your event blog. Create engaging and informative video content that can be shared on platforms like YouTube, Vimeo, and social media.
- Publish Infographics: Publish infographics related to your event niche. Infographics are visually appealing and easy to understand, which makes them more shareable on social media.
- Participate in Online Forums: Join online forums related to your event niche and contribute to the discussions. This will help in building authority and gaining more visibility.
- SEO: Keyword research, meta tags, optimizing content with internal and external links, and maintaining a user-friendly website structure are some of the key SEO factors that can help in promoting your event blog. Optimizing your blog for search engines can attract more organic traffic and increase your blog’s overall visibility.
In conclusion, by using these unique ways to promote your event blog, you can attract more readers and build a loyal community around your blog.
8. START MAKING MONEY
There are multiple ways to monetize your blogs. Do not use all of them at once. Rather, experiment and see what works best for you.
There are many creative ways to monetize an event blog. Here are some effective strategies:
- Sponsored Content: Partner with companies and organizations in your niche to publish sponsored content on your blog. This includes reviews, interviews, or blog posts highlighting the sponsor’s product or service.
- Affiliate Marketing: Promote products or services related to your event niche through affiliate marketing.
- Display Advertising: Sell ad space on your blog to advertisers. Use display ads to promote products and services related to your niche. This can include banner ads, sidebar ads, or in-content ads.
- Sell Event Tickets: Sell tickets to events related to your niche. You can partner with event organizers and sell tickets directly on your blog. This is an effective way to earn revenue while promoting events to your readers.
- Membership Programs: Offer premium content, courses, and access to exclusive events in exchange for a monthly or yearly subscription fee. This is an effective way to monetize your blog while building a loyal community of readers.
- Consulting Services: Use your expertise in your event niche to offer consulting services to your readers. This can include event planning, marketing, or content creation services.
- E-commerce: Sell products related to your niche on your blog. This can include physical or digital products such as books, merchandise, or courses.
Although starting an event blog may appear challenging initially, it can be an enjoyable and fulfilling experience with the right approach and attitude. This guide outlines the steps to create a distinctive and captivating blog that will attract readers and add value to your community. It is crucial to select your niche thoughtfully, establish a unique brand, and plan your content efficiently. Promote your blog using diverse creative strategies and monetize it in ways that align with your objectives and principles. With commitment, enthusiasm, and a willingness to learn, you can develop a successful blog that inspires, educates, and entertains your audience. So, don’t hesitate any longer. Start your event blog now and unleash your creativity and imagination!