Technology is constantly evolving. New developments are often done, rendering the first obsolete. That’s why so many people love to read technology blogs. Blogs on technology are a fantastic way to keep updated.
What better way to educate the public about technology if you are a tech enthusiast than by launching a blog about it. This will be the best approach to pursue your interest and make money at the same time.
If you are interested in starting a technology blog, don’t worry, we are going to push you in the right direction.
In this blog, we will review a variety of topics such as:
- What is a Technology Blog?
- Steps to starting your Technology blog
- How to monetize your Technology blogs?
Are you ready? Let’s get you started!
WHAT IS A TECHNOLOGY BLOG?
Technology blogs aim to inform the public about new technological advances and contain learning materials, technology news, and various other technology-related topics.
A technology blog will give you the perfect platform to showcase your point of view to others and share your trip or experience with technology. You will also be able to communicate with other technology enthusiasts and build an engaged community of friends to whom you can recommend technology products and advice.
There are thousands of Technological Blogs available online, of which, we have organized a list of the Top 5 to give you inspiration.
Let’s dive in!
TOP 5 TECHNOLOGY BLOGS
Wired is an excellent technology blog among all. The blog walks through the technology industry, gadget reviews, buying guides, new tech features, and various other interesting subjects. Wired also has topics like Science, Business, Culture, Backchannel, and Gears sprinkled all over the website.
TechCrunch reports first-rate business content regarding the technology industry. The blog also talks about technology news, and various tech-based products in the market. In fact, TechCrunch is one of the first publications to provide a general report on technology startups and funding cycles. Additionally, the blog is a go-to resource for all internet companies and startups around the world.
CNET is a one-stop platform for news and advice on topics like technology, science, money, home, wellness, cars, and culture. The blog has a whooping of 67 Million monthly visitors globally, 90 Million Monthly video views, 14 Million Social Media followers, and 1 in 2 US Customer reach. Isn’t it AMAZING? So, if you are searching for genuine reviews then CNET is the perfect fit for you. Hurricane Ian Looks Like an Absolute Beast in Satellite Images is one of the many trending topics on this blog.
Gizmodo talks about the latest technology, gadgets, technology reviews, tech businesses, news, security, AI, and much more. This blog is an amazing solution to keeping yourself updated about the latest technology events. Apart from technology the blog also has Concurrency, online streaming services, culture, gaming, and so many other interesting topics. From The Best Phones, You Can Buy, Laptops, mobiles, TVs, smart watches, streaming services, and smart home gadgets, it has it all.
5. The Verge
The Verge is a blog truly dedicated to technology and how it makes us feel. It was founded in 2011 to offer the audience everything from breaking news to reviews.
While originally the creators aimed for technology solely, now they have incorporated culture, science, and entertainment as well. Additionally, the blog offers various videos and podcasts that are worth watching.
Hopefully, these technology blogs have given you an idea of the technology blogs already present online. Now, it’s time to jump on a step-by-step guide to kick-start your Technology blog in 8 steps.
HOW TO START A TECHNOLOGY BLOG? (8 SIMPLE STEPS)
1. PICK A TECHNOLOGY NICHE
The first step in getting your Technology Blog started is choosing a ‘Technology Niche’ and your blog audience. This stage requires a great deal of research, preparation, and planning.
It is absolutely impossible to master the art of blogging without choosing a particular niche. The more specific your niche, the greater the chances to succeed.
In addition, writing blogs on a specific niche allows you to project yourself as an industry expert and thus is more likely to make good revenues.
While picking a blogging niche ask the following questions yourself:
- What type of financial domains are you interested in?
- Do you have sufficient knowledge in this area to discuss it throughout your blog site?
- Is there a modification room moving forward?
- Would you like to target pro-level techies or beginners?
- What value will your blogs provide? What do you want to achieve in the long term?
Don’t forget to choose a niche wisely, because changing your niche in the future will change your entire marketing strategy.
There are a few more factors to keep in mind while picking a niche:
- Do some research before immersing yourself completely in it.
- Keep your target audience in mind as you must give your readers what they want to read to get them to like your content.
- Monetization possibilities for the future as each blogger wants to be successful in the end.
- Track your competitors, monitor their posts, awards, commitment, content planning, quality blogs, and various other topics to educate you on the market.
- Ensure that you are passionate about the niche you choose as the passion will take you far.
Now that you have a little idea of how to choose a niche wisely. Let us give you a list of a few niches to choose from.
LIST OF TECHNOLOGY NICHES
- Android Phones
- Android Hacks
- Software Development
- Online Programming
- Cloud Computing
- Software Development
- React Js
- Artificial Intelligence
- Ethernet Cables
- WordPress Development
- CSS Tutorials
- Microsoft Office Softwares
- Tech Tutorials
- Tech Review Blogs
- Coding for Kids
- Data Science
- Data Intelligence
- Technology news
- Ethical Hacking
- Tech Advancements
- Home automation
- Software Alternatives and many more
See which genre/niche resonates well with you and get-set-go to the next step!
2. WORK ON THE TECHNICAL SETUP
A blogging platform is a CMS or platform that assists you with writing, editing, editing, deleting, and launching blogs.
Whereas hosting helps you bring your website content to the web for your readers to discover.
Blogging platforms are either self-hosted that come with the included hosting, for example, WordPress.org, or hosted-open source blogging platforms such as Wordpress.com where you need to purchase hosting services separately.
While choosing a blogging platform for your website, there are a couple of things to keep in mind:
- Choose a platform with a user-friendly interface, because if you want to broaden your team in the future, anyone can easily use it.
- As your final goal will be to earn money, it is imperative to check the monetization facilities of the blogging platform.
- Check every customization provided by the platform and see if it meets your needs. Preferably go for the one with an extensive customization library.
- Opt for more visual blog platforms if you focus more on videos or images instead of text and vice versa.
- Round-the-clock support should be provided to resolve your questions.
- Find all the plugins supported by the platform and be sure not to compromise on the essentials. For Example, for you to rank your blogs on Google, it is important to select a platform that supports SEO functionality, and to keep this in check WordPress provides a Yoast plugin.
BEST BLOGGING PLATFORMS AVAILABLE ONLINE
Now that you have chosen a blogging platform, it is time to choose a hosting that has great speed, 24-Hour support, good storage, an efficient backup facility, and is secure to protect your website from any malicious activities.
Additionally, check for its customer reviews, and ratings since these cannot push you in the wrong direction.
Are you confused about what to choose?
Go with WordPress.org, a self-hosted blogging platform as it is powerful, easy to monetize, and gives you full control over your website content.
3 NAME YOUR WEBSITE
The next step is to find the right domain name for your blog site. A domain name is a representation of your brand. It is by your domain name that people will get to your website.
A great domain name is when people are able to know what your blog is all about right after reading it. So, you must take time and search while picking up a domain name for your website.
Thankfully, to help you with the process, here is a list of some characteristics of a good domain name:
- Simple but eye-catcher.
- Most preferably has a ‘.com’ extension
- Easy to understand
- Clearly reflect your brand values.
- Not used by any other company.
- Incorporates keywords related to your brand
- Has no special digits or characters such as – ‘-‘, ‘ “, etc.
- Easy to speak
- Has a place for amendment in the future.
To prevent yourself from getting into any legal trouble, make sure your domain name is copyright free. You can check its availability online and use it if it is available.
4. SELECT A THEME FOR YOUR WEBSITE
A great user experience is in fact determined by a great website theme. That’s why you need to be extra careful when selecting a theme for your blog site. To help you with this, we have a list of tips for you to narrow down your theme selection process and find your best fit.
IMPORTANT CHECKLIST FOR CHOOSING THE CORRECT THEME
REACTIVE AND VERY ELEGANT ON VARIOUS BROWSERS.
Do you know? More than 50% of users use their cell phones when browsing. It is therefore very important that you choose a topic suitable for mobile devices. You need to preview your theme in all screen sizes to ensure it runs smoothly.
KEEP THE COLORS IN YOUR MIND
Different colors can impact your readers differently, it can make or break your brand. That’s why we recommend you keep the color scheme in mind before finalizing your website theme.
PREMIUM OVER FREE
Whereas free themes can be great but the choice of a paid theme is always better. This is .because paid themes are safer, have a large set of plugins and personalizations, look more professional, and are saved with great customer support.
If you use WordPress then you have to install a theme verification plugin and test if your theme meets all WordPress
EFFICIENT CUSTOMER SUPPORT
Since there can be so many problems that you could cope with while working with a theme, you should make sure to get effective customer support to help you.
LIGHTWEIGHT AND NOT BLOATED
While you will eventually need plugins to pack your website with additional features, remember not to overdo this. Adding excessive plugins will bulk your theme and affect your site performance.
You can draw a bit of inspiration online or check out your competitors.
5. HIGHLIGHT YOUR BRAND
Do you want to differentiate yourself from the other thousands of Tech Blogs on the internet?
If Yes, then the simple way is to spend more time and energy on branding.
FEW TIPS TO WORK ON BRANDING
Attention spans have become shorter over time, making it critical for you to give your audience something that can grab their attention in seconds.
That’s where a good logo kicks in. A strong logo quickly holds onto your visitors and conveys your brand value. Since a brand logo is your brand identity, you must design/ choose a logo that separates you from your competition, is relevant, and is attractive.
You can create your logo using different online tools or even engage a professional.
FIND YOUR WINNING QUALITIES
Every successful brand has a unique selling factor that makes it successful and unique. USP can be your style of publication, products or services, videos, hand-drawn pictures, design, or anything! Take a moment to find your winning qualities.
Have you ever wondered why different brands use different font styles? It is simply because different font faces represent different brand values. In fact, typography is an essential part of a brand’s identity. You should choose a font that is memorable, unique, readable, communicates your brand identity, and is supported by various browsers.
According to the color theory, different colors are used for different psychological make. For Example, Red represents energy, while yellow symbolizes positivity.
In fact, up to 90% of a person’s assessment of products or services is based on colors alone as long as we perceive the brand color as one that fits a brand’s personality. This means our likeness to a brand is greatly impacted by the colors that it uses. So, go ahead and figure out your color palette very carefully!
Take these things discussed above into consideration to make your website stand out.
6. PLAN YOUR CONTENT
For a blog site to do well, it’s really important to have compelling content to attract visitors. Content is indeed the king of any blog site. So, this step is solely dedicated to helping you prepare content that acts as a lead magnet.
TIPS FOR WRITING ATTRACTIVE CONTENT:
While technology changes rapidly, there are a few things that rarely change. these can include topics like “How-to Guides”, case studies, “short videos describing your brand”, etc. Make a list of all these evergreen topics and create content for your site. They will not only attract more visitors but will also require fewer updating efforts.
Videos are a great way to get visitors to your site. In fact, 87% of marketers say video has helped them increase traffic
While you may think that creating videos is a costly process, you can create high-quality content easily with your smartphone. So, don’t wait! Create a YouTube account and start uploading your YouTube videos to your blogs. This will not only help you make money thanks to Youtube but also attract visitors to your page.
SIGNIFICANT LEGAL PAGES
NEW TYPE ARTICLES
New-type articles focus on new topics to gain user attention. These include news articles, new happenings, or current events. One advantage to incorporating these is it increases the search volume by a considerable amount but the downside is that these articles are for the short term, unlike the evergreen articles.
Write easy-to-understand blogs. To do this, work on its legibility, use simple language, more transition words, active voice, short sentences, and paragraphs with not more than 5 lines.
MIX AND BLEND
There is no rule about choosing a content strategy. It is best to blend and match different content strategies to get great results. Different audiences like. to read different types of content so by mixing things together, you can reach a broader audience.
7. PROMOTE YOUR BLOGS
Promotion is a profitable way to build your brand awareness and attract visitors to your website.
We have listed a few ways to promote your blogs effectively:
- Start selling e-products like e-books, magazines, or online courses
- Indulge in selling physical products like T-shirts, cups, etc with your branding to earn money and promote your brand at the same time
- Share your blog posts with different friends and family Groups on various social media platforms
- Write guest posts and ask for a mention from the brands you post for
- Build relationships with customers by responding to all comments, asking them for suggestions, sharing their content on your social media, etc.
- Take up Freelance writing projects that match your niche
- As famous personalities have a huge fan following, interviewing famous developers or bloggers is a great way to increase your website traffic
- Answer questions on Quora or other online forums and drop your website link for people to refer
- Add sharing icons to all your blogs,. Try experimenting with different icon sizes and positions to see what works best for you
- With millions of people online, social media platforms like Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc are great to promote your blogs. So, create your business account on each platform if you haven’t already, and get started!
- Start collaborating with influencers to divert their loyal fan base onto your website
- Online Advertising is another exceptional method to monetize your blog site
Try a variety of promotion methods and see what works best for you.
8 EARN MONEY
You can begin to make money once you have launched your blogs and promoted them online. Wondering, how? Let’s cover you up!
Below are some of the many ways to make money with your tech blog:
- Conducting Online and offline tech workshops
- Affiliate Marketing
- Advertisements (Google Adsense is the most popular method)
- Sponsored Posts
- As mentioned above, start earning money through digital or physical products like books, ebooks, Tees, etc
- Write paid reviews for various tech brands and get paid for all
- You can launch monthly, quarterly, or yearly Subscriptions for your loyal readers and earn a fixed income
- Create a Youtube Channel and earn through Youtube live advertisements, and various other lucrative ways.
- Take up freelance projects for brands that are similar to yours and get paid for every article you write
Would you like a separate blog on way to earn money through Tech- blogging?
Let us know in the comment section.
Building a technology blog is a great way to convert your passion into income. In this blog, we’ve put together 8 easy steps to start your blog journey effectively. Let us wrap it up for you:
1. PICK A TECHNOLOGY NICHE
There are lots of technology blog niches available online. So, you need to pick one that matches your vision.
2. WORK ON SOME TECHNICALITIES
Choose a suitable blogging platform and hosting for your website to design, manage and put your blogging site on the web.
3. PICK A DOMAIN NAME.
Just like your name is your unique identity, you need to choose a domain name for your website that will help the audience identify your brand.
4. DESIGN YOUR WEBSITE
The next step is to choose a theme for your blog site to make it look attractive
5. HIGHLIGHT YOUR BRAND
Work on various branding aspects like the logo, color palette, typography, winning qualities, and other elements.
6. PLAN YOUR CONTENT
Content is the essence of your website and hence needs to be worked on carefully
7. PROMOTE IT
For people to know about the amazing work that you have done, it is important to promote your blogs.
8. EARN MONEY
The last step is to make money through your blogs.
Was this article helpful? Let us know if you have any suggestions for us. Also, we would also be happy to know some topics for your next read. As we upload new content daily, stay tuned for some more exciting content. See you!