If you’re passionate about real estate and want to share your knowledge and insights with others, starting a real estate blog can be a great way to do so. Whether you’re a real estate agent, investor, or someone with a keen interest in the industry, a blog can help you establish yourself as an authority and connect with like-minded individuals.
In fact, 85% of small firms that incorporate blogging into their marketing plans report favorable outcomes from regularly creating and sharing content via this platform.
When time and energy are restricted, maintaining a blogging routine produces more significant results than most other forms of marketing.
Starting a real estate blog can be a lot of work, but it can also be a rewarding experience that allows you to share your passion for the industry and connect with others who share your interests. In the following sections, we’ll explore the steps you can take to start your own real estate blog and build a successful online presence.
Are you ready? Let’s get you going now!
WHAT IS A REAL ESTATE BLOG?
A blog on Real Estate covers various properties-related topics, including buying or selling homes, home loans, housing trends, and much more.
Starting a blog is an excellent way to promote your real estate business. It can help increase your property sales, position you as an industry expert, and, most importantly, generate steady leads.
By addressing market trends, advice for first-time home buyers, and public resources that both potential and current clients could find useful, real estate professionals can use blogging as a powerful marketing strategy to maintain a strong online presence.
To provide you with an idea of the real estate blogs available online, we have compiled a list of some blogs in the industry. This list will offer insight into the diverse range of blogs in the real estate sector and the quality of content they offer-read on!
TOP 5 REAL ESTATE BLOGS
1. Zillow Finder
Consumers can find real estate and rental listings on Zillow Finder. It is committed to Offering customers a transparent, seamless end-to-end selling, purchasing, renting, and financing experience on demand. In fact, Zillow Finder’s buying guide is a must for all first-time home buyers.
Interestingly, their “Agent Finder” section aims to connect customers with local agents and brokers to help them meet their needs.
2. The Bigger Pockets
Bigger Pockets provide content, tools, and a community of over 2,000,000 users to
help people avoid mistakes, learn useful techniques, locate partners, deals, and finance, and make the best investing decisions possible.
Users can read, watch, or listen to various educational resources on subjects like investing in real estate, financing investments, finding agents, picking the right real estate market, and many more.
Inman is a real-estate news site that provides timely, accurate, and relevant information about the industry. In fact, Inman is the industry’s leading source of real estate information, with a reputation for award-winning journalism, cutting-edge technology coverage, comprehensive training choices, and forward-thinking events.
4. Keeping Current Matters
Keeping Current Matters contains the latest real estate news, How-Tos, informational guides, and market insights to educate its readers. The blog’s key topics include Housing Market Updates, Mortgage Rates, economic slowdown, buyer and seller guides, and many more.
We love their article “Why buying a house makes more sense than renting it?”
As so many people, from first-time buyers to those who are real estate fanatics, need a real place to start, Relator.com aims to offer real guidance for all real estate matters, including buying, selling, market trends, remodeling ideas, décor inspirations, celebrity real estate news, and how-to videos. The blog is ideal for homeowners, Sellers, and Buyers.
Now, we will help you create your very own real estate blog. We will guide you on how to help you create quality content and build a successful online presence in the real estate industry.
HOW TO START A REAL ESTATE BLOG? (9 EASY TIPS)
1. PICK A BLOG NICHE
Decide on the focus of your real estate blog. You may want to write about a specific market, such as luxury homes or commercial real estate, or you may want to focus on a specific area, such as a particular city or state.
Choose this carefully since if you write about various niches, attracting the audience you want will be tough, and monetizing them will also be a great challenge.
The following logical question you would want to ask is: How?
To determine your real estate blog niche, consider asking yourself the following questions:
- What is my area of expertise in real estate?
- Are there any challenges faced by my target audience?
- What is the competition doing?
- Who is my target audience?
- What topics do I feel most passionate about in real estate?
If you haven’t yet determined your real estate blog niche, don’t worry – we have made a list of potential real estate niches to inspire you. Some of these niches include:
LIST OF REAL-ESTATE NICHES
- Luxury real estate
- Sustainable and eco-friendly homes
- Real estate investing
- First-time homebuyers
- Commercial real estate
- Vacation homes and short-term rentals
- Property management
- Real estate law and regulations
- Home renovation and interior design
- Real estate marketing and branding
Consider which of these niches resonates with you and your expertise and which would be most interesting to your target audience. Remember, your niche should be specific enough to set you apart from the competition but broad enough to provide plenty of content opportunities.
2 SELECT A BLOGGING PLATFORM
The next stepping stone is to choose a blogging platform to host your blog. There are many options available, including WordPress, Squarespace, and Wix.
Both paid, and free blogging platforms are available to start your real estate blog.
Free platforms, such as WordPress.com, Blogger, and Tumblr, offer basic features and are easy to use. They are a good option for beginners who want to test the waters and learn the basics of blogging without investing much money.
Paid platforms like WordPress.org, Squarespace, and Wix offer more customization options, design capabilities, and advanced features. These platforms are ideal for bloggers serious about building a professional online presence and wanting full control over their websites.
Ultimately, the choice of blogging platform will depend on your goals, technical abilities, and budget. While free platforms are a good starting point, investing in a paid platform may be a better long-term solution as it offers more flexibility, control, and growth opportunities.
3. SELECT A HOSTING PROVIDER
If you haven’t already, you should choose a hosting provider after deciding on a blogging platform.
Because a hosting service is primarily responsible for connecting your website to the internet, there won’t be any connection if there is no hosting service or a hosting provider.
Here is a list of considerations to make to assist you in this:
- Uptime and reliability: Choose a hosting provider that guarantees reliable uptime, ideally 99.9% or higher. This will ensure that your website is always available to your audience.
- Security: The hosting provider should have strong security measures, such as firewalls and SSL certificates, to protect your website and visitors’ data.
- Reviews and Ratings: This will give you a clear picture while purchasing.
- Speed: The hosting provider you choose should offer fast loading times and responsive performance. This will help improve user experience and ensure that your site is search engine optimized.
- Consumer Support: Look for a hosting provider that offers 24/7 customer support and quick response times. This will ensure that you have help whenever you need it.
Considering these factors, you can choose a hosting provider that will provide reliable, fast, and secure hosting for your real estate blog.
4. SELECT THE DOMAIN NAME
Following the setup of a hosting company and a blogging platform. The next step is finding a domain name to draw people to your website.
Your personal blogs should accurately match the domain name you choose. To be precise, it should be distinct and have a sense of rationality.
Here are some features of a good domain name to assist you in selecting the ideal name for your Real Estate blog.
AN IDEAL DOMAIN NAME
- Free domain names also come with branding. This gives the domain name a less-than-professional appearance, which may turn off visitors. Therefore you must choose paid domain names instead.
- Use a “.com” extension, preferably
- Add keywords relevant to your industry
- You can include your name if you are already famous
- Make it distinct
- Simple to comprehend
- Available and unclaimed by other brands.
- It should align with the genre and readership of your blog.
- Short and sweet
Pro Tip: Choose a domain name that reflects your blog’s niche and is easy for people to remember. Try to keep it short and simple.
5. SET UP A THEME FOR YOUR BLOG SITE
Setting up a blog theme for your real estate blog site can help you establish your brand and create an appealing visual experience for your visitors. Here are some steps to help you set up a theme for your blog:
- Choose a theme that reflects your brand and niche: Many free and paid themes are available, so choose one that is suitable for your real estate blog niche and reflects your brand identity. Make sure it is mobile-responsive, optimized for search engines, and easy to navigate.
- Install the theme: Once you have chosen it, you can install it on your blogging platform. The process will depend on the platform you use but typically involves navigating to the themes section of your dashboard and selecting “add a new theme.” You can then upload the theme from your computer or select one from the platform’s library.
- Customize the theme: After installing it, you can customize it to suit your preferences. This may include selecting a color scheme, choosing a header image, and customizing the fonts and layouts. Most platforms provide tools and options to customize your theme without any coding required.
- Preview and test: Once you have customized your theme, preview it to see how it looks on your site. Test the site on different devices and browsers to ensure it is responsive and looks great on all platforms.
Following these steps, you can set up a professional and visually appealing theme for your real estate blog. Choose a Real Estate BlogTheme that reflects your brand and niche, is mobile-responsive, optimized for search engines, and easy to navigate.
Branding is an important aspect of building a successful real estate blog. It helps to create a unique identity for your blog that sets it apart from others in the industry. Here are some tips for branding your real estate blog:
SOME BRANDING TIPS
To establish your brand identity for your real estate blog, consider the following:
- Determine what sets your blog apart and the value it offers to your readers. Create a mission statement and develop a brand personality that aligns with your goals and values.
- Choose a name and domain that reflects your brand identity and is memorable. Ensure the domain name aligns with your branding and is easy to remember.
- Design a logo and other design elements representing your brand identity, including color palettes, fonts, and graphic elements consistent across your website and social media channels.
- Develop a content strategy that aligns with your brand identity and speaks to your target audience. Consider topics, writing style, and visual elements that reflect your brand and will resonate with your readers.
- Establish a social media presence to engage your audience and promote your blog. Ensure that your social media profiles are consistent with your branding and that your content aligns with your brand identity.
Following these branding tips, you can create a unique and memorable identity for your real estate blog that resonates with your target audience.
7. PREPARE YOUR BLOG CONTENT
Assuming that your blogging website is up and running and you have started establishing your brand, it’s time to focus on the substance of your blog. Since your blog’s content is its key distinguishing feature, ensuring top-notch quality is vital. To help you achieve this, we will offer some pointers on how to prepare your posts effectively.
SUGGESTIONS FOR DRAFTING YOUR BLOGS
PLAN A CONTENT SCHEDULER
A list of potential blog titles must be made in advance. You should at least have a list of titles for a month.
Once you’ve prepared your list, you should create an editorial calendar that will help you keep all of your content better organized and monitor the success of your blog.
When it comes to writing content for your real estate blog, it’s important to remember that your readers may not have the same level of expertise as you. Therefore, it’s important to draft content that is easy to read and understand
A POWERFUL OPENING
To write a compelling opening, start by considering your target audience and the topic of your blog. Grab your reader’s attention with a thought-provoking question or an intriguing statement that resonates with your readers’ interests. Use active and descriptive language to vividly picture your topic and clearly introduce your blog’s theme. Avoid generic openings and use creative and engaging hooks to keep your readers interested and eager to continue reading. Creating a powerful opening for your blog will hook your readers and set the stage for an impactful and memorable post.
Long texts don’t hold the attention of everyone. So, add some striking graphics to break up the monotony.
If you think this is not your tea, you can engage a specialist to handle these matters. Long-term returns on your investment will actually be rewarding.
Writing a powerful ending for your blog is as important as a strong introduction, as it can leave a lasting impression on your readers.
First, ensure your conclusion ties back to your post’s main point or purpose. This can be a summary of your main argument, a call to action for your readers, or a final thought. Leaving your readers with something to think about or do after reading is important.
You can also consider using a memorable quote or anecdote to end your post, which can help leave a lasting impression on your readers. Additionally, ensure your ending is clear and concise, avoiding unnecessary repetition or rambling.
Finally, consider adding a question or invitation for your readers to engage with you in the comments section. This can help foster a sense of community and encourage ongoing engagement with your blog.
8. PROMOTE YOUR BLOGS
Crafting unique content is merely a part of the equation. Effective promotion is crucial to amplify the reach of your remarkable blog post. Without it, your diligent efforts may not yield the desired results. To aid you in this crucial stage, we have created a set of promotional tactics.
DIFFERENT PROMOTION STRATEGIES
9. EARN MONEY
Real estate bloggers can earn money through various means, including:
DIFFERENT METHODS TO MAKE MONEY
- Paid Newsletters
- Paid Collaborations
- Sponsored Posts
- Public Events
- Affiliate Marketing
- Ebooks and course
- Offline goods
- Membership or Subscription-Based Model
- Workshops or Webinars on Real Estate
- Paid Reviews
We can even provide a separate blog discussing how to earn money through your real estate blog. Let us know if this is something you’d like to see!
SOME COMMON QUESTIONS
Q1: What are the 4 Types of Real Estate?
A1: The 4 Types of Real Estate are:
- Plot (Land)
Q2: How can blogging help in Real estate?
A2: Blogging can be considered an approach for establishing yourself as a real estate authority and obtaining high-quality leads. Your Real estate business and experiences can be a wonderful source for blogging subjects. Once the blog is written, it’s free and simple to disseminate to thousands of potential customers.
Q3: How long should a Real Estate video be?
A3: Given that you should be able to cover all the essential material in the video and the short user-attention span, you need the video to be at least 3 minutes long. However, a real estate video should never exceed 10 minutes in length and ideally be between 3 to 7 minutes.
Q4: What types of Real Estate make the most money?
A4: As per reports, the most profitable Real Estate Types are:
- Commercial properties, $91,208
- Relocation, $90,015
- Foreign investment, $79,706
- Investment properties, $79,072
- Green or eco-friendly properties, $78,672
Q5: How frequently should I post Real estate blogs?
A5: A good blog requires steady, regular writing every week. It’s recommended to have at least 1 every week. Over 1,000 words are typically used in a real estate blog article.
Starting a Real Estate Blog can be an exciting way to share your passion with others, whether it’s your experiences, learnings, or insights. However, starting a blog is difficult, so we have created a comprehensive step-by-step guide to help you along the way.
If you found this article helpful, please share it with your contacts and stay tuned for future updates on our website. We would also appreciate any suggestions for topics you want to read about. Thank you.